American Select

I looked at them a few years ago when they were insured by Empire. Didn't see anything I couldn't live without.

Your area may be different

Apparently they changed underwriters from Empire to GTL about 18 months ago. Don't know why. They have a plan they call e-solution with a $10,000 deductible/100% coins with a built in critical illness (except in PA) and a $100 deductible accident rider, with a somewhat simplified underwriting. No riders. Great rates. It is a non HSA plan. They also write lower deductible plans with more extensive underwriting.

HI guys never posted before. about american select I have been using them for all my health business and they are great. the new e solutions is selling fast. they are real fast with commisions also.

thanks glad to be hear!!!

They are one of the avenues I'm considering. They beat any plan when it comes to limits on physical therapy, organ transplants, no seperate non-PPO deductible,4th quarter deductible carryover with 5mil. in lifetime benefits. A brokerage here in Illinois is offering customers $10,000 if they can find a plan with better benefits. If you contract with them you can use that as a closer and they back you up. Their web-site is theproducersalliance.com. These guys are the #1 producers.

Last edited:
I'm appointed with GTL in CO as well. They have some nice features but are only competitive in price down in Southern CO. The features that you mentioned are not enough to swing prospects their way - most of them will never use those benefits.

Humana also offers a 4th quarter carryover. A friend of mine has submitted 2 applications with GTL and received brutal underwriting - took 1 of them to Humana and the other to World, both issued without problems. GTL is also currently rated as a B+ company. I do not have anything against them but they are not my first choice.

I'm appointed with GTL in CO as well. They have some nice features but are only competitive in price down in Southern CO. The features that you mentioned are not enough to swing prospects their way - most of them will never use those benefits.

Humana also offers a 4th quarter carryover. A friend of mine has submitted 2 applications with GTL and received brutal underwriting - took 1 of them to Humana and the other to World, both issued without problems. GTL is also currently rated as a B+ company. I do not have anything against them but they are not my first choice.
Yeah, That's what has held me back from commiting to that agency. Although most plans like BCBS only cover $3000 per year physical therapy and if a major accident happens that can bankrupt your family. As much as people pay for health insurance that needs to improve. Those expensive rare occurences are why you need insurance more than just covering Doctor visits. I'm not a real fan of Humana because of customer service issues. That agency also uses World and Humana.

A brokerage here in Illinois is offering customers $10,000 if they can find a plan with better benefits.

If that is your closing pitch, you might want to evaluate your E&O.

For instance, what happens if you make that pitch then the brokerage agency goes tits up? You don't suppose the client might come back to you do you?

Frankly, that line sounds like a cheesy version of Lee Iacocca's pitch a few years ago. Only he said if you could find a better car, buy it.

That guy was a helluva a salesman.

Yeah, That's what has held me back from commiting to that agency. Although most plans like BCBS only cover $3000 per year physical therapy and if a major accident happens that can bankrupt your family. As much as people pay for health insurance that needs to improve. Those expensive rare occurences are why you need insurance more than just covering Doctor visits. I'm not a real fan of Humana because of customer service issues. That agency also uses World and Humana.

Have you become appointed with GTL through the producers alliance and have you been able to obtain a sample policy? I posted a few threads about that firm a few weeks ago http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/agent-outfits-thread1989.html and was curious to find out if anybody pursued it.

Last edited:
Back