American Senior Benefits? FL?

futureFLagent

Hi guys and girls,
I recently moved back to Ocala, FL from Orlando. I am wanting to enter the insurance market. I have an acquaintance who recently started at American Senior Benefits in Ocala. He said he has barely made any money with them(although optimistic), but they did pay for his license test thing. The head honcho told him he will be making 6 figures after year 2. They also give you a veteran agent to help you. They work with a lot of competitive companies.
Now for the negatives, he told me they have to cold call elderly people for 3 hours a day 3-4 times a week. They have weekly meetings where they have to show their production and reasons why they weren't good. The veteran agent is nice to have, but his "mentor" only takes him to appointments that the newby set and takes most of the commission. Also he doesn't think he owns his book of business.
Sorry for the long post just wondering if anybody has had experience with this company and had any insight. I want to start off on the best route possible for success. So any alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well.
David

I see in Ocala they have something called "Great American Senior Benefits".

American Senior Benefits is out of Kansas (unless this outfit in Ocala is under ASB of KS).

Do you have your license yet? If not, get it yourself and pay for it yourself. There are companies out there that will pay for it but what you give in return is much too great a price.

Peruse this site utilizing the "search" function and you will find great insurance marketing organizations that will treat you right.

well that sounds like a real sh%T deal and Id tell them to shove it. Obviously they dont give 2 cents where you end up otherwise theyd split like 50/50 with you not take "most" of your commission, cause they want you there for the long haul and know you need to pay bills, plus its the easiest % that buck ever earned i guarantee you that even though they might deny it.

Lots of scammers in this industry with their 50%~ 70% bs, steer clear and have some faith in yourself, more than enough videos, training and organizations you can find to get a good start. No one should ever get suckered into these one sided arrangements or at least think they have to take it and stay in them

They used to be great American senior benefits but they dropped the Great.

I started and was trained by them. Tell your friend he will be lucky to ever make over $100k with them. People loved to claim big numbers on Monday morning meetings but when they take a good chunk of your FYC and a lot or sometimes all of your renewals, he’ll be wanting to get out quickly.

I stayed for one year and I’m glad I got out when I did. When I left I took MY trainer with me and 2 others in the office. That place is a joke and they are crooks and their training is ok but he won’t get any leads that they promised. I went to that Ocala Office many times.

I’m not that far from you, in orlando and I could train you but time is money.
If you can buy leads I can easily show you how to make money here, keep all of your renewals and you only answer to yourself.

They used to be great American senior benefits but they dropped the Great.

I started and was trained by them. Tell your friend he will be lucky to ever make over $100k with them. People loved to claim big numbers on Monday morning meetings but when they take a good chunk of your FYC and a lot or sometimes all of your renewals, he’ll be wanting to get out quickly.

I stayed for one year and I’m glad I got out when I did. When I left I took MY trainer with me and 2 others in the office. That place is a joke and they are crooks and their training is ok but he won’t get any leads that they promised. I went to that Ocala Office many times.

I’m not that far from you, in orlando and I could train you but time is money.
If you can buy leads I can easily show you how to make money here, keep all of your renewals and you only answer to yourself.

Didn’t you say one time you were trained out of the office here in Southern Indiana?
They shut that office down a couple years back and several of them had to give up their insurance licenses.

Didn’t you say one time you were trained out of the office here in Southern Indiana?
They shut that office down a couple years back and several of them had to give up their insurance licenses.

Nope. Never been to Indiana

Back