American Senior Benefits?

N

NunyaBidnit

Yeah, forgot to add them to my previous post and I am too new to figure out how to edit my old post.

Anyone have any experience with American Senior Benefits? They APPEAR to be doing well, quite a number of branches, good carriers, nice offices etc.

I cant find ANYTHING on here about them. If they have several hundred agents, it would seem like there would be more here.

Leads? Cost of leads? Quality? Commission levels fair? Honest and supportive management?

I'm new, I read this often but have never had need to post, so of course I have probably broken some courtesies here--sorry in advance!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Just a word of advice---all of the companies talk about "the leads" and honestly they are mostly trash.

I don't want to give out identifying details, but I have seen first hand that when agents start selling well from leads, the higher ups get greedy. They then start cutting down their lead costs and providing you with a list of people turning 65.

There are many sources out there for lists of people turning 65---Josh on this forum is one. There are also many places you can get your own aged leads from for very inexpensive.

My advice for anyone is to go independent and use your own aged leads and keep the higher commission, rather than take a much lower comp due to leads.

Just a word of advice---all of the companies talk about "the leads" and honestly they are mostly trash.

I don't want to give out identifying details, but I have seen first hand that when agents start selling well from leads, the higher ups get greedy. They then start cutting down their lead costs and providing you with a list of people turning 65.

There are many sources out there for lists of people turning 65---Josh on this forum is one. There are also many places you can get your own aged leads from for very inexpensive.

My advice for anyone is to go independent and use your own aged leads and keep the higher commission, rather than take a much lower comp due to leads.

Yeah have tried that---$hundreds spent in telemarketed leads---waste of money. The aged leads get angry when you call them. My initial inclination was to stay independent and pocket the balance----but can't find a reliable, affordable lead source.

Looks like Great American is in Ocala FL and American Senior Benefits is in Austin/Kansas City

Great American is all around. I started with them in Orlando. I think Great American Senior Benefits and American Senior Benefits are the same outfit though.

Most of the managers from GASB were from bankers life and casualty. They will tell you that you can't make a living from selling med supps and MAPD plans. It's just a door opener to make $ with LTCi, Life and annuities. They will all claim they make a killing and you have to show your "sales" for the week every monday.
Leads, if that's what you want to call them, will be an aged list of 70 and 80 something year olds. I started to get some T65's but they were all turning 65 the next month or as far out as 2 months.
The training is OK if you are new to the biz but if you are already indy why would you want to give up about 30-40% of your commissions?

If you are indy, joining ASB will not help you in the least! What can they do for you? Give you leads??? Yeah right.

Learn how to market better or get a better telemarketer, IMO. And spending hundreds of dollars is no real way to know if a marketing plan is working. If I spent hundreds of dollars per month (which I do) I wouldn't realize the profits for a few months.

Last edited:
Looks like Great American is in Ocala FL and American Senior Benefits is in Austin/Kansas City

None of the companies you mentioned in this or the other thread are worth a ****. You might as well work for Primerica or Bankers. Just because an entity has a lot of agents does not make them good. There are plenty of quality IMO's/FMO's out there that have lead programs for final expense/medicare that will give you good products to sell without the constant fear of being replaced. Just keep searching the forum and you will find them.

"There are plenty of quality IMO's/FMO's out there that have lead programs for final expense/medicare that will give you good products to sell without the constant fear of being replaced. Just keep searching the forum and you will find them"

That may be so--but there are hundreds of thousands of posts here, and of course I don't know any of the posters. (I'd like to retire some day! Got to find a way to cut to the chase!) It sounds as if you know of a good IMO or two---would you mind helping me by naming one or two?

Last edited by a moderator:
"There are plenty of quality IMO's/FMO's out there that have lead programs for final expense/medicare that will give you good products to sell without the constant fear of being replaced. Just keep searching the forum and you will find them"

That may be so--but there are hundreds of thousands of posts here, and of course I don't know any of the posters. (I'd like to retire some day! Got to find a way to cut to the chase!) It sounds as if you know of a good IMO or two---would you mind helping me by naming one or two?

What is it that you want to sell? Final expense, med supps, medicare advantage, annuities. I can give you some recommendations on a few of these.

Great American is all around. I started with them in Orlando. I think Great American Senior Benefits and American Senior Benefits are the same outfit though.

Most of the managers from GASB were from bankers life and casualty. They will tell you that you can't make a living from selling med supps and MAPD plans. It's just a door opener to make $ with LTCi, Life and annuities. They will all claim they make a killing and you have to show your "sales" for the week every monday.
Leads, if that's what you want to call them, will be an aged list of 70 and 80 something year olds. I started to get some T65's but they were all turning 65 the next month or as far out as 2 months.
The training is OK if you are new to the biz but if you are already indy why would you want to give up about 30-40% of your commissions?

If you are indy, joining ASB will not help you in the least! What can they do for you? Give you leads??? Yeah right.

Learn how to market better or get a better telemarketer, IMO. And spending hundreds of dollars is no real way to know if a marketing plan is working. If I spent hundreds of dollars per month (which I do) I wouldn't realize the profits for a few months.

So you were with ASB? Not Great American?

They TELL me they do a number of direct mail campaigns, showed me the leads they get from the returns, and then you can get the leads from the returns--at a cost of course. And leads I have "bought" in the past have been worse than worthless. So that is a concern.

Doesn't sound like your experience with them was very good---?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What is it that you want to sell? Final expense, med supps, medicare advantage, annuities. I can give you some recommendations on a few of these.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have sold all of those.

As we all learned from watching Glengarry Glen Ross---business is about the LEADS. I can sell ANY of the products---but I need a firm that has a REAL and reliable and reasonable way to get me in front of a lot of people. It would seem most broadline Seniors firms would sell all of those? Maybe not, I am still pretty new!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back