American Senior Benefits?

So you were with ASB? Not Great American?

They TELL me they do a number of direct mail campaigns, showed me the leads they get from the returns, and then you can get the leads from the returns--at a cost of course. And leads I have "bought" in the past have been worse than worthless. So that is a concern.

Doesn't sound like your experience with them was very good---?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - !

I was with GASB. Let me get this straight, you pay for returned leads, and take a cut in commissions? Why would you want that?

The leads you bought in the past, what were they? FE, med supp, T65's? Where did you buy them from? We're they worthless because you couldn't set an appt or did you get low responses

Edit: after seeing you last post, I think I know your problem. The only hard part of the biz is getting in front of people, selling is the easy part. It seems you can't get the hard part down and choosing another company isn't going to do that for you. You need help on learning how to set appts from your leads. I started by cold calling, it sucked but it was free and I learned how to talk to people on the phone and set appts. THEN I spent $ on leads

Last edited:
I was with GASB. Let me get this straight, you pay for returned leads, and take a cut in commissions? Why would you want that?

The leads you bought in the past, what were they? FE, med supp, T65's? Where did you buy them from? We're they worthless because you couldn't set an appt or did you get low responses

Edit: after seeing you last post, I think I know your problem. The only hard part of the biz is getting in front of people, selling is the easy part. It seems you can't get the hard part down and choosing another company isn't going to do that for you. You need help on learning how to set appts from your leads. I started by cold calling, it sucked but it was free and I learned how to talk to people on the phone and set appts. THEN I spent $ on leads

I started a business from the ground up--zero clients and built it and owned it for ten years, then sold it. (Wasnt insurance--direct mail) No one had ever heard of me or my company. I have been a Sales Manager for a couple of firms that had gone "flat" and needed their sales efforts to be rebuilt--I think I know how to prospect and "talk to people"

The difference is I DONT WANT TO prospect. I am no longer young, and I dont have the patience to spend 90% of my time talking to people that don't have the need or desire or ability to pay for my product. I want to SELL I dont want to PROSPECT any more. I want to work the last few years before retirement and not waste them talking to deadbeats.

I started a business from the ground up--zero clients and built it and owned it for ten years, then sold it. (Wasnt insurance--direct mail) No one had ever heard of me or my company. I have been a Sales Manager for a couple of firms that had gone "flat" and needed their sales efforts to be rebuilt--I think I know how to prospect and "talk to people"

The difference is I DONT WANT TO prospect. I am no longer young, and I dont have the patience to spend 90% of my time talking to people that don't have the need or desire or ability to pay for my product. I want to SELL I dont want to PROSPECT any more. I want to work the last few years before retirement and not waste them talking to deadbeats.

It still doesn't add up. You want to go to ASB where you still have to prospect? If they buy you leads, you still have to call them.
So they sell you medicare leads, say for $15 each. You call them, see and sell them and they take about 30-40% of your commissions. Seems logical to me...no thanks.

You want to sell, not prospect anymore? Get in line, if it was that easy everyone could do it

ASB and GASB are mostly the same people. I was at the top with and at the beginning of GASB. The people running the operation are dishonest. You have been warned, it is now up to you if you want to get in bed with them or not.

No one can do your prospecting for you, if you cant or wont prospect, then look into a different career.

I have to wonder if you are a NEWBY or not. With the experience I've had with this group, it would'nt surprise me if you are a member of this group and fishing for opinions or recruits.

Last edited:
ASB and GASB are mostly the same people. I was at the top with and at the beginning of GASB. The people running the operation are dishonest. You have been warned, it is now up to you if you want to get in bed with them or not.

No one can do your prospecting for you, if you cant or wont prospect, then look into a different career.

I have to wonder if you are a NEWBY or not. With the experience I've had with this group, it would'nt surprise me if you are a member of this group and fishing for opinions or recruits.

Finally! A comment from someone that worked there and not just someone that had someone tell his friend that told him.

I didn't say I was a newbie, I said I was a newbie to this site.

I've spent 35 years prospecting---I dont have the time or the patience any longer to deal with people that dont know or care about their OWN future.

I appreciate your input, but your assumptions about me are way off

Finally! A comment from someone that worked there and not just someone that had someone tell his friend that told him.

I didn't say I was a newbie, I said I was a newbie to this site.

I've spent 35 years prospecting---I dont have the time or the patience any longer to deal with people that dont know or care about their OWN future.

I appreciate your input, but your assumptions about me are way off

Finally? I just told you I did

ASB and GASB are mostly the same people. I was at the top with and at the beginning of GASB.

I know this is an old post but I just want to clear a few things up. First, if you worked for ASB or GASB you would know that they aren't "mostly" the same people - they're exactly the same people. GASB was owned by Great American Insurance Group and sold to Clay LeGeyt and Jim Sweeney about 4 years ago. Clay and Jim ran GASB and only dropped the "Great" and became ASB after they bought it. They are down to earth people and have complete transparency with their Managers on how they operate.

The reason you'll find varying opinions is because there are different offices in different states that are run by different Regional Managers. No two offices are exactly the same. They do all have accept to ASB's lead system - which is $12 per T65 lead. And they are great leads. Moving out from Great American Group allowed us to increase our product offerings so we're still growing and changing every year, but Clay and Jim have done a great job of implementing changes that trickles all the way to the agents.

And, yes, I am biased because I've been here for 5 years - back when they were still GASB - but I've worked elsewhere and it's night and day!

I know this is an old post but I just want to clear a few things up. First, if you worked for ASB or GASB you would know that they aren't "mostly" the same people - they're exactly the same people. GASB was owned by Great American Insurance Group and sold to Clay LeGeyt and Jim Sweeney about 4 years ago. Clay and Jim ran GASB and only dropped the "Great" and became ASB after they bought it. They are down to earth people and have complete transparency with their Managers on how they operate. The reason you'll find varying opinions is because there are different offices in different states that are run by different Regional Managers. No two offices are exactly the same. They do all have accept to ASB's lead system - which is $12 per T65 lead. And they are great leads. Moving out from Great American Group allowed us to increase our product offerings so we're still growing and changing every year, but Clay and Jim have done a great job of implementing changes that trickles all the way to the agents. And, yes, I am biased because I've been here for 5 years - back when they were still GASB - but I've worked elsewhere and it's night and day!

Nancy, I think I worked with you there. I can't believe you are still there!

Back