American Senior Benefits?

You don't remember a Chaz?
Lake Mary and with Brian and Greg

Wow. Yeah, I remember you! So you're still in insurance? How are you doing? And, yeah, I'm still with ASB. I'm overseeing all 4 offices. We're actually in the middle of opening a new location in Winter Haven too. So where are you at these days?

Wow. Yeah, I remember you! So you're still in insurance? How are you doing? And, yeah, I'm still with ASB. I'm overseeing all 4 offices. We're actually in the middle of opening a new location in Winter Haven too. So where are you at these days?

Still independent but working closely with Bill brian and Greg. We just work at our home offices though, no need for a physical location.

why did u leave

Who me?

It's easy enough to do it on your own and you make more commissions and renewals. I didn't care for the Monday morning "look at what I sold this week" Rah Rah's and there really wasn't much training to be had. Just "get on the phone and set appts".

You only got renewals on mapd and the main med supp in town if you wrote $35k in non Medicare biz.

There were no leads even though they promised it. They consider leads a name and a number. That's not a lead.

I can't fathom why anyone would stay.

I know this is an old thread but to clear up the leads a little bit for those that are wondering! ASB is a great FMO to work with very transparent abd oprn about everything, and always there to help if needed. Now they do have one carrier for leads that they use for there Medicare leads which are good. But depending on which regional manager you partner with a lot of them use outside lead sources as well, and most regional managers start there own company and partner with asb for insurance, use a different brokerage for securities, and some even do p&c. So it really does differ depending on which regional manager your with.
ASB though just keeps growing and they are up over 150+ Carriers they have contracts with and continue to add more if needed or recommended.

(On a side note this is my first post!) .been scrolling thru for a long time now.

I know this is an old thread but to clear up the leads a little bit for those that are wondering! ASB is a great FMO to work with very transparent abd oprn about everything, and always there to help if needed. Now they do have one carrier for leads that they use for there Medicare leads which are good. But depending on which regional manager you partner with a lot of them use outside lead sources as well, and most regional managers start there own company and partner with asb for insurance, use a different brokerage for securities, and some even do p&c. So it really does differ depending on which regional manager your with.
ASB though just keeps growing and they are up over 150+ Carriers they have contracts with and continue to add more if needed or recommended.

(On a side note this is my first post!) .been scrolling thru for a long time now.

Yeah I was told we had over 150 carriers too But when you asked about getting contracted with a new one it was like pulling teeth. We all might have been contracted with about 15.

What’s so great in your opinion about ASB?
I just can’t wrap my head around how giving up 30-40% commissions is worth their supposed training.

Chazm, don't look back man, being Captive only makes sense for new agents that do not have a system, can't get in front of clients, are not knowledgeable in Medicare, and are unwilling to invest themselves. Just my two cents.

chazm
Yeah I was told we had over 150 carriers too But when you asked about getting contracted with a new one it was like pulling teeth. We all might have been contracted with about 15.

What’s so great in your opinion about ASB?
I just can’t wrap my head around how giving up 30-40% commissions is worth their supposed training.

I have been in the business for 10 years now and for over 9 of those years I was with one company (yikes I know) So I decided to go partner with some friends of mine who use asb for insurance we use questar for our investments and are building a P&C agency independently. ASB is one of the hybrid options. I get all the office supplies fax, printer ect ect, office space outside my home to meet clients or hold group meetings ect, And I don't pay for leads (if I want instead of leads they will pay to do meetings instead (like group dinners) So flexibility there. Now probably the biggest reason I chose to go this rout at this point in my life is I didn't have the savings or the time or knowledge to figure out how to be fully independent and then have to worry about commissions charge backs and all that. I have 4 young kids to support, so for now anyways I chose this after 3 years I will own my book of business so can always make a change later down the road, and not have to worry about them ravaging my book. Unlike the last company I left (though my clients are loyal to me so I have not lost any cases! Now also I took into consideration that I like to work and be in community with other people and I didn't find that I would get that with just being appointed with a bunch of different IMO's. Also I like the ability to be able to tell across all product lines with the best carriers for each and every product without holding a minimum production to keep up my contract.

Now this is a little rabbit trail but one answer I have not been able to find out or get a straight answer to is what type if production do you need to keep up on a regular bases to keep a contract for fe at 130-140% and medicare supplements at 22%? Seems like everyone says you can but then they just start saying we will bonus you to get to that level?? just to much hiding info imo.
I'll throw it out there what I am at depending on the carrier i'm at around 90% for fe, 75% on IUL ect, 15% med sups, 80% mapd, and 4% annuity's. To maintain these levels I need to do 250K in all premiums combined each year. If I want to do over 400k that is the next level to bump up my comp.

Last edited:
Ding,ding,ding. Bells already going off.
If it were as they say it is you'd already have the answers in writing.
Answer is really that simple. ACTIONS always give the correct answer.

Back