Americo UW

NotEnough

Super Genius
Hi All,

First time this happened so wondering if there is a way around or if there is something I'm missing.

I originally wrote a client through PHL Variable (Phoenix Remembrance) for her FE but she was declined due to prescription history. My underwriting book from Phoenix doesn't list any knock out meds. She is currently only on one high blood pressure medication at the moment. She was declined for a previous medication while in a convalescent home a year ago.

I put another application through Americo but new business rep said they need to know what medication caused the decline. I informed the rep that we are unsure, previous company did not disclose specific medication that caused the decline.

He suggested I have the client pull the prescription report? lol. Is this a normal business practice? I thought all underwriters from whatever companies already pull the MIB/Rx Check and if any medication shows up that isn't a risk they want to take, they would decline it. Why would Americo want to know the specific medication that caused the decline from a previous app?

Back