AmeriLife Agents Dialing For Dollars To Orphaned Book Of Universal Members

yogooglethis

Guru
1000 Post Club
In North Fl the AmeriLife Agency agents wrote a good chunk of Universal's enrollment during the last 6 years and now their agents - not necessarily the AOR seem to be cold calling the orphaned book of business.I have received many inbound calls from Universal members in the last 2 days who other clients have referred to me and most of them told me by the time I was able to meet with them that they have been called by AmeriLife In fact today as I was completing an UHC MA application to replace Universal and I could see on the prospects caller ID that an AmeriLife agent was calling. We knew it wasn't the AOR however the new agent that was calling was mentioning the AOR's name to try to get in the door.Turns out I personally know the original AOR and she happened to be related to the prospects but is no longer in the business.

I received a lead yesterday requesting a UHC plan but by the time I called the lead an AmeriLife agent who wasn't the AOR had cold called and razzled his way in to an appointment saying he could show all the plans at once including UHC.

I have probably more than 100 old leads of people I know are on Universal and many would likely remember me and take my call but I can't and won't call them because the permission to call has expired so it sucks to see agents skirting the rules and getting to these people before they decide to make outbound inquiries.

Thank goodness Banker's Life agents don't have a roster of Universal's enrollment and don't market MA in Florida.

It does suck and its not fair.
I was in a home yesterday and an Amerilife agent called and a Freedom agent knocked, rediculous !!

I went to a Humana MA certification last Sept. and practically everyone in the room was a Banker's Life agent. They must have a deal with Humana now.

They have for over a year or two now. They have it as a last resort. If you just can't con them into their Med supp. You're weak if you have to resort to the MAPD plan and they only get I think $200 for a turning 65 Humana plan. Compared to over $500 for a med supp. Think they are doing what's best for the client?

Would it behoove you to send out post cards asking these ole Universal leads to call you? Tell them Important.

Would it behoove you to send out post cards asking these ole Universal leads to call you? Tell them Important.

I was wondering about that.If i send any mail to these people that is considered a call to action for a particular plan then it would considered advertising and need pre approval etc.I will send a pre- approved generic flyer for the plan I would recommend they enroll in with my business card.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It does suck and its not fair.
I was in a home yesterday and an Amerilife agent called and a Freedom agent knocked, rediculous !!

Are you seeing these Amerilife pushing Aetna HMO over UHC PPO like I am? The co pays overall are comparable so why would they push an HMO over a PPO.This is really strange because I never had compete with Aetna HMO so much.When i talk with these prospects about the merits of a PPO over an HMO they call back after talking with the Amerilife agent and say that AmeriLife agent said he can sell both plans.I am wondering why they don't push UHC PPO first if they are appointed to sell both?

Last edited:
I was wondering about that.If i send any mail to these people that is considered a call to action for a particular plan then it would considered advertising and need pre approval etc.I will send a pre- approved generic flyer for the plan I would recommend they enroll in with my business card.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Are you seeing these Amerilife pushing Aetna HMO over UHC PPO like I am? The co pays overall are comparable so why would they push an HMO over a PPO.This is really strange because I never had compete with Aetna HMO so much.When i talk with these prospects about the merits of a PPO over an HMO they call back after talking with the Amerilife agent and say that AmeriLife agent said he can sell both plans.I am wondering why they don't push UHC PPO first if they are appointed to sell both?

Isn't Aetna easier to do with maybe? I'm always hearing from my friends that sell UHC how screwed up it is. When I tried to get paid on an overlooked renewal, they denied my request because it was OVER six months ago. Haven't had a problem like that with other carriers.

Isn't Aetna easier to do with maybe? I'm always hearing from my friends that sell UHC how screwed up it is. When I tried to get paid on an overlooked renewal, they denied my request because it was OVER six months ago. Haven't had a problem like that with other carriers.

UHC pays pretty well for me but I've never seen what Aetna is like. UHC usually pays within a couple of weeks after submission

UHC pays pretty well for me but I've never seen what Aetna is like. UHC usually pays within a couple of weeks after submission

Yes, I understand that they pay OK in those situations. But one thing that I was told was that if agent enrolls T65 prospect into MAPD complete, then prospect qualifies for QMB medicaid a couple of months later and wants to enroll into D-SNP that it's a "chargeback" and then they also lose the "true-up". In San Antonio, UHC pays when an agent switches the member from Complete to Chronic/Dual Complete and vice versa. If I were a UHC rep, I'd be very reluctant to enroll a prospect in some contracted clinics that are known to switch their patients frequently because of agents that camp out there 24/7.

Yes, I understand that they pay OK in those situations. But one thing that I was told was that if agent enrolls T65 prospect into MAPD complete, then prospect qualifies for QMB medicaid a couple of months later and wants to enroll into D-SNP that it's a "chargeback" and then they also lose the "true-up". In San Antonio, UHC pays when an agent switches the member from Complete to Chronic/Dual Complete and vice versa. If I were a UHC rep, I'd be very reluctant to enroll a prospect in some contracted clinics that are known to switch their patients frequently because of agents that camp out there 24/7.

I think UHC does that and I know pup out here does that too. Hell, if I talked to someone who told me they just got approved for Medicaid, I'd put them in a Medicaid plan and hope to be the aor

Back