Amerilife Marketing Group and Releases

I hope you beat these guys. This unfair business practice has gone on for far too long.

It was nice to see your video and you articulated things well.

To be honest, Chris isn't exactly the moral compass in the industry, he sure isn't a white angel

There's always two sides to a story

I know for a fact AMG give releases, from my own downline and people on this board who are friends who wont either speak up or just pile on because they can. There are other so called super FMOs on this board that are held in high regard that haven't granted releases for certain agents depending on the issues

just saying it happens, its business, kicking and screaming like a 5 year old wreaks of desperation

So, give the other side, and explain why the release wasn't granted.

Good for you Chris. If they treat you this way how about the rest of us? If MOO is not taking a serious look at this then ultimately you have to start holding carriers responsible and not write them.

Its the only way Obi One Kenobi.

So, give the other side, and explain why the release wasn't granted.
I'll take a shot at it. The release wasn't granted because the marketing organizations have agreements with the carriers that allow them to hold on to agents for a period of time, and when it's in their financial interests they have the right to do so. They may release single agents, but may choose not release producers whose departure will cost them a lot of money due to their own high production or that of a downline. The MO is acting in its own financial interest, not the agents, which it has the right to do whether or not other MO do the same, and it does so with the full blessing of the insurance carrier, which is the one requiring the release. There are lots of stories on this forum by agents who could not get released.

I moved all my contracts to a new marketing organization last year. Got some resistance with one MO I wanted to leave and called the regional VP of a carrier I put a lot of business with to see if they could help persuade them, as the alternative was the carrier would lose my business for six months. I was sure this would be effective as they would certainly not want to risk losing MY production. His response: "we protect the relationships we have with our marketing organizations." The possible loss of my business for six months was regrettable, but not more important than their relationship with their marketing organizations. End of discussion.

My first reaction was to stop writing that carrier permanently if they would not help me. But I got over that. I don't like this system but it's part of the deal being in this business and on balance it's been a good deal. Even a high producing agent who requires no MO support and has a producing downline is near the bottom of this insurance industry food chain, a reality that may be harder for some to accept than others.

Last edited:
Back