Amerilife Marketing Group and Releases

Just to let you know, Amerilife has very good attorney's. They will just drag the case on and on to the point of where you have to spend more money and time that everyone just gives up. Unfortunately, that is what you run into. The only way to hit this group is a class action lawsuit, or a call to action on the news. Both are very difficult....

Just to let you know, Amerilife has very good attorney's. They will just drag the case on and on to the point of where you have to spend more money and time that everyone just gives up. Unfortunately, that is what you run into. The only way to hit this group is a class action lawsuit, or a call to action on the news. Both are very difficult....

That may be true, but keeping their name and questionable practices front and center on this forum is a good way to hit them as well.

If it prevents other agents from getting appointed through them, then that's a win in my opinion.

I'll take a shot at it. The release wasn't granted because the marketing organizations have agreements with the carriers that allow them to hold on to agents for a period of time, and when it's in their financial interests they have the right to do so. They may release single agents, but may choose not release producers whose departure will cost them a lot of money due to their own high production or that of a downline. The MO is acting in its own financial interest, not the agents, which it has the right to do whether or not other MO do the same, and it does so with the full blessing of the insurance carrier, which is the one requiring the release. There are lots of stories on this forum by agents who could not get released.

I moved all my contracts to a new marketing organization last year. Got some resistance with one MO I wanted to leave and called the regional VP of a carrier I put a lot of business with to see if they could help persuade them, as the alternative was the carrier would lose my business for six months. I was sure this would be effective as they would certainly not want to risk losing MY production. His response: "we protect the relationships we have with our marketing organizations." The possible loss of my business for six months was regrettable, but not more important than their relationship with their marketing organizations. End of discussion.

My first reaction was to stop writing that carrier permanently if they would not help me. But I got over that. I don't like this system but it's part of the deal being in this business and on balance it's been a good deal. Even a high producing agent who requires no MO support and has a producing downline is near the bottom of this insurance industry food chain, a reality that may be harder for some to accept than others.

All fine and good. But we have a contract with the carrier and this is NOT in the contract.

When you consider the CEO of mutual taking Amerilife's CEO, CFO, president, and other execs to key west on their private jet for a fishing trip, it's easy to see who they'll side with.

----------

When your previous president has pics of top execs at a strip club, it's easy to blackmail them into following Amerilife's line instead of what's right for their agents.

When your previous president has pics of top execs at a strip club, it's easy to blackmail them into following Amerilife's line instead of what's right for their agents.[/QUOTE]

Whoa!! I thought this kind of thing only happened in the US Senate!

Last edited:
When your previous president has pics of top execs at a strip club, it's easy to blackmail them into following Amerilife's line instead of what's right for their agents.

Whoa!! I thought this kind of thing only happened in the US Senate![/QUOTE]

tumblr_nlh7ayVjju1tpar8to1_1280.jpg

Are you kidding me, insurance leads to the top;-)

When you consider the CEO of mutual taking Amerilife's CEO, CFO, president, and other execs to key west on their private jet for a fishing trip, it's easy to see who they'll side with. ---------- When your previous president has pics of top execs at a strip club, it's easy to blackmail them into following Amerilife's line instead of what's right for their agents.

Don't forget the Guests of honor, the private equity suckers buying into this slave ship. I wonder if they know the "real" clients would all jump ship together if they could?

Latest posts

Back