Ameriprise Getting into Medicare

Was talking to an agency owner and he told me they are partnering up with Humana to sell MA and Medigap. Wonder why the pivot away from term and investments?

they want their guys to be able to make more money. Simple deal. Hard to pass up such a huge market, especially if you have a decent client base.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I just noticed State Farm offering Medicare supplements on there website, maybe that's old news..

Correct me if I am wrong, but I just noticed State Farm offering Medicare supplements on there website, maybe that's old news..

There is a difference between "offering" Medicare Supplements and "Selling" Medicare supplements. I don't think they sell much...:skeptical:

----------

Was talking to an agency owner and he told me they are partnering up with Humana to sell MA and Medigap. Wonder why the pivot away from term and investments?

I'm a little surprised that they picked Humana to partner with...

You guys forget that the public thinks of those types as their "financial advisor" rather than an insurance agent selling them products.

People lap that stuff up and pay whatever price they tell him to pay.

But when you latch on to one that has some sense and you show him how much cheaper they can get the exact same Medicare supplement for they get really pissed off at the "advisor" and sometimes will move everything.

Old news. They had a pretty involved partnership with Humana at least as far back as six years ago. I think when Part D first came out that's a partnership that was formed. Not sure who/what they've been selling since, but they definitely market it. Again, not sure how much they sell, but it's been an offering for a while, that's for sure.

Humana has a lot of joint ventures out there with other financial product distributors. Typically, the single partner offices don't produce a ton but overall it becomes a nice amount of additional income. I know they landed a bank in my local area the really pushes Humana

Back