Ameritas - Anyone Know Anything?

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
Recently I was approached by an independent agency to put business through their channel and they would offer me a contract through Ameritas that would put "extra" money ($4,000 per month) by maintaining a production requirement every month. They also said they would give 401k, health benefits, etc as long as I used Ameritas for business. Not sure if this is the way to go but I was curious if anyone had any experience with them. I have been in the business for many years and never heard of them.

I do not have first-hand experience with them.

That being said, I do see a 2-4 page spread advertisement in LifeHealthPro or one of those magazines showcasing their MDRT Top of the Table and Court of the Table agents.

Here's the website for a firm who puts their business with Ameritas:
Moldenhauer & Associates, Independent Financial Planning In Western New York And Nationwide

One other aspect which may be worth considering, is that their broker/dealer may be worth working with. According to the FAQ section of the Insurance Pro Shop's website, there's this: http://www.insuranceproshop.com/FAQ.html

FAQ - “Will My Broker/Dealer Compliance Department Approve The Tools In Your System?”

Answer - Unfortunately, Who Knows! - However, you’ll find that the insurance marketing, prospecting and sales training tips, strategies and philosophies included in our systems will help you to consistently attract the Ideal Insurance and Annuity Prospects to you and you’ll close more sales. You’ll be able to take your sales to the next level, even if you can’t use some of the actual insurance marketing and prospecting tools in our systems... (Prospecting Letters, PowerPoint’s, Booklets, etc.)

Plus, in our systems, you’ll find there are a multitude of ethical ways for you to form strategic alliances and joint ventures with other successful professionals and get them to do the marketing for you.

Most insurance company compliance departments will not have a problem with anything in our systems. Unfortunately, the same can not be said for most Broker/Dealer compliance departments. (sales killer departments) You will find that many Broker/Dealers won’t approve any effective insurance marketing, prospecting and sales tools that you or I create.

Note: Ameritas Investment Corp. and a few other B/Ds have routinely approved the Seminars, Client Booklets and tools in our Found Money Management and Annuity Sales Excellence Systems!

Let's just say that I won't tell you NOT to look into working with them.

They have a good DI product. I have never sold their life insurance but it looks decent. They have a great logo.

Broad product base so if you want to focus on one company they should be a one that you consider especially if you can get benes.

I only sell their DI product, one of the top white collar contracts. Never sold their life product.

Back