Ameritas - Anyone Know Anything?

Oct 13, 2015

1. Advisor06

Advisor06 Guru

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Recently I was approached by an independent agency to put business through their channel and they would offer me a contract through Ameritas that would put "extra" money ($4,000 per month) by maintaining a production requirement every month. They also said they would give 401k, health benefits, etc as long as I used Ameritas for business. Not sure if this is the way to go but I was curious if anyone had any experience with them. I have been in the business for many years and never heard of them.

2. TampaHound

TampaHound Guru

State:
    Florida
    I remember hearing about them a few years ago (before I got into insurance). If I remember correctly it was nothing good.

It's a mutual holding company and that's all I found in 30 seconds on google.

3. DHK

DHK "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

State:
    California
    I do not have first-hand experience with them.

That being said, I do see a 2-4 page spread advertisement in LifeHealthPro or one of those magazines showcasing their MDRT Top of the Table and Court of the Table agents.

Here's the website for a firm who puts their business with Ameritas:
    Moldenhauer & Associates, Independent Financial Planning In Western New York And Nationwide

One other aspect which may be worth considering, is that their broker/dealer may be worth working with. According to the FAQ section of the Insurance Pro Shop's website, there's this: http://www.insuranceproshop.com/FAQ.html

Let's just say that I won't tell you NOT to look into working with them.

DHK, Oct 14, 2015
  4. Cash

Cash Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    They have a good DI product. I have never sold their life insurance but it looks decent. They have a great logo.

Broad product base so if you want to focus on one company they should be a one that you consider especially if you can get benes.

Cash, Oct 14, 2015
  5. MW Agent

MW Agent Super Genius

I only sell their DI product, one of the top white collar contracts. Never sold their life product.

MW Agent, Oct 14, 2015