AMS / Playing Games W/ Fees? Is this how They Roll?

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
So I was just quoted $3,500 startup and $250/month for 1 user and my friend just signed up for NO STARTUP and $300/month for 2 users.

Are these guys just wheeling & dealing scum bags?

I demo'd several AMS's before choosing mine. Some were very firm on their terms, others were very flexible. Is your friend a scratch agency? I think they are a lot more willing to waive or cut the startup fee if there's no data transfer involved.

Probably just a matter of time and Vertafore will own all good working management systems out there. I started as an indy with a great working program, FSC. Vertafore buys them and discontinues all support, forcing a change. Went to AMS360 with the group I'm in, a little over a year ago. Bottom line, I wish I had my old FSC.

well i just hired a full time manager & she's fully versed on AMS. I think many of the larger agencies are also on AMS so being on that gold standard positions me well to sell eventually OR helps make mergers happen more smoothly w/ larger agencies.

Instead of having her learn QQ i figured I'd get AMS so she's ready to go as she knows it inside & out. Any other input on scum bag AMS?

Back