An introduction of myself...

Vance Vader

Hello to everyone,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the forum. I passed my Texas Health & Life exam last week (on the first try! Thank God that's over) and I have what I would consider an excellent opportunity with a small, successful person in the industry selling medigap in Texas.

I look forward to learning a great deal on here and meeting other successful "people".

Best wishes,

Vance

Haha...

You guys are so funny.

Just as I suspected, I now feel ever more confident that there is very little competition in this industry.

Thanks for confirming this guys!;)

The "Senior" market is very regulated and probably less "competitive" than other insurance markets. The most important thing for you to do in this market is study and know your products. The need to communicate is highly valued. An innocent mistake can ruin a senior's life which many times is just getting by with a very limited income. The measure of success in this market is being honest and clear. I hope your successful person provides you very thorough training. We have seen companies try to put out an "Agent Factory" in this market because of high commissions through disadvantaged people. The monitoring is getting tighter every year. Best wishes and may you be an advocate for Seniors and not just an Agent.

The "Senior" market is very regulated and probably less "competitive" than other insurance markets. The most important thing for you to do in this market is study and know your products. The need to communicate is highly valued. An innocent mistake can ruin a senior's life which many times is just getting by with a very limited income. The measure of success in this market is being honest and clear. I hope your successful person provides you very thorough training. We have seen companies try to put out an "Agent Factory" in this market because of high commissions through disadvantaged people. The monitoring is getting tighter every year. Best wishes and may you be an advocate for Seniors and not just an Agent.

Thank you for the only serious response I've gotten here. The day will never come in my life where I have absolutely NOTHING better to do than post meaningless remarks in a forum, such as above, but hey not everyone has a life outside of....well whatever is is they do.

Anyway, we have an outstanding team promoting exactly the philosophy you encouraged, and are the furthest thing from an Agent Factory. I've no doubt we will soon dominate a great portion of our market.

Best wishes to you as well.

Back