An Offer That's Too Bad to Be True

I had someone call me today, to offer their services as an appointment setter, or telemarketed leads.

I told him that I really wasn't in the mkt for those services but to email me some info. He wants $2300 for 6 appts. or a guarantee of 30 leads.

Those of you with experience know that small group leads are virtually worthless to someone without experience, but who in the world would pay this amount of money?

Are people really pissing away hard earned money like this? Is there that much money to be made ripping people off that sell insurance? Yea, I know we feel ripped sometimes on the $8 and $9 leads, but $50 per lead and $400 per appt.?

Well there is a sucker born every minute....

One sale a month is all this telemarketer is probably banking on.....lol

Maybe he works for MedicarePlanSolutions?

ha

I had someone call me today, to offer their services as an appointment setter, or telemarketed leads.

I told him that I really wasn't in the mkt for those services but to email me some info. He wants $2300 for 6 appts. or a guarantee of 30 leads.

Those of you with experience know that small group leads are virtually worthless to someone without experience, but who in the world would pay this amount of money?

Are people really pissing away hard earned money like this? Is there that much money to be made ripping people off that sell insurance? Yea, I know we feel ripped sometimes on the $8 and $9 leads, but $50 per lead and $400 per appt.?
I doubt he EVER gets that. How was their overall pitch? Must be pretty lofty to ask for $76 per lead.

Yea, I know we feel ripped sometimes on the $8 and $9 leads, but $50 per lead and $400 per appt.?

The thing that cracks me up is that I think an appointment is easier to generate than a lead. That may very well be based off of criteria I think should be met before calling something a lead as opposed to an appointment which is just someone willing to agree to meet to discuss things. $400/appt is high, even by my standards.

actually, i've seen higher. i am a microsoft partner and i get a discount. was 4k something. through here:
B2B Lead Generation, Telemarketing and Telesales Services | The Lead Dogs

I doubt he EVER gets that. How was their overall pitch? Must be pretty lofty to ask for $76 per lead.

He had a pleasant voice, good tone quality, which got my attention. In fact, that's his strength, and the only reason that I listened.

There was nothing lofty about his pitch, it was actually kind of silly to me, but I'm constantly working small group and individual cases so I have a little different perspective.

Just to see what he would say, I made the comment that small group doesn't pay enough for a $400 appt. He was unfazed. Conclusion: He's getting that $2300 from some of his calls.

He had a pleasant voice, good tone quality, which got my attention. In fact, that's his strength, and the only reason that I listened.

There was nothing lofty about his pitch, it was actually kind of silly to me, but I'm constantly working small group and individual cases so I have a little different perspective.

Just to see what he would say, I made the comment that small group doesn't pay enough for a $400 appt. He was unfazed. Conclusion: He's getting that $2300 from some of his calls.
It's always a good shot to listen to people with good voice. That's the edge of some business people though.

Back