Analysis Paralysis Here...

Which agencies to get appointed with to write Life?

So I am the one who analyzes the analysis, and then looks for more facts to analyze. I have been going over and over to get back into selling insurance. When I first started in late 2007 as a 215 lic. captive agent in Florida for MetLife. I worked hard. Very, very hard...although not in my directors book, I was not working hard enough. However, out of 20 new hires, I was still there after three years. Now, I have signed up with a major company (national) to sell Medicare insurance which is an AARP insurance underwritten by this national company. I feel I am all set with them, as training is in place, marketing is available and a lead source. All is good so far, two weeks in.
Now, I am looking to offer Life, LTC, and annuities as an ancillary item to the senior folks I'll be seeing. Because I was a Captive agent before, this independent agent (1099) is really new to me, and scary. But I have the entrepreneurial mindset so I know its going to be okay, eventually.
However, I need some advise on signing up with these companies soliciting me to run clients through there software program for life insurance. The pitch is this: Sign up, its free. You have a client for life insurance and you plug there demographics or scenario through the software and low and behold all these companies pop up with potential "GO" or "NO" signs. You choose the best offer and the company will get you appointed with the one you choose because you have signed a universal contract for them to submit your info to get appointed. This company will also give you marketing info, illustration options...etc. I won't make as much commish going this route, but they pitch it will save me time. What are your thoughts? Recommendations? Thanks!:goofy:

Last edited:
Rick Deckard, appreciate the candid reply. You've honed in on my problem over the past few years of not focusing. Posting three times, etc. yes. Admit, yes, I took five years off to complete my degree after twenty years working in banking/insurance field. Call it "career suicide" because it has been a battle to figure it all out. Thanks! Mr Obvious.:idea: So Today, 2017. I am focusing on my insurance future self (with degree. The university promotes Entrepreneurship).

Question: Since I would like to offer Life, final expense, LTC and possibly fixed annuities to my clients. Would you recommend signing up with a company that is offering a "software program" or website to run scenarios through? I am trying to save self and clients from getting scammed here. Has anyone heard of this type of program? It sounds wonderful to me! saving time and money since it is free to me, other than getting paid lower commish than signing up individually with each company? Yes?

Back