Ancillary plan for Home Health Care?

This came up earlier today and it got me thinking.

Poor guy is 98 but is able to get around on his own pretty well. However he needs Home Health Care and often exhausts his benefits with Humana.

Long term care is not an option here, but it got me wondering. Is there some type of Ancillary plan for home health care?

Inquiring minds is all.

This came up earlier today and it got me thinking.

Poor guy is 98 but is able to get around on his own pretty well. However he needs Home Health Care and often exhausts his benefits with Humana.

Long term care is not an option here, but it got me wondering. Is there some type of Ancillary plan for home health care?

Inquiring minds is all.
Move on.

He won't be able to qualify for anything since he's already receiving home health care. Also, I doubt that any company will issue a HHC policy to a 98 year old.

Move on.

He won't be able to qualify for anything since he's already receiving home health care. Also, I doubt that any company will issue a HHC policy to a 98 year old.

Already did. I'm just curious because I don't know of any companies that offer HHC policies. I could do minutes of research to find out but it's easier to pick the brains of better agents than me.

Already did. I'm just curious because I don't know of any companies that offer HHC policies. I could do minutes of research to find out but it's easier to pick the brains of better agents than me.
GTL/UNL have good ones that even have presription coverage that will sometimes pay back their premium. The only things that keep them from qualifying are being in any type of nursing home setting, receiving home heath care, not being able to perform their ADL's and for the top plan they ask if any of these or a hospitalization's expected in the next 60 days.

Aetna has one, but it's not as good and a lot higher priced.

GTL/UNL have good ones that even have presription coverage that will sometimes pay back their premium. The only things that keep them from qualifying are being in any type of nursing home setting, receiving home heath care, not being able to perform their ADL's and for the top plan they ask if any of these or a hospitalization's expected in the next 60 days.

Aetna has one, but it's not as good and a lot higher priced.
Never sold any of these but I def see value. What comp do these generally pay?

Never sold any of these but I def see value. What comp do these generally pay?

55% FYC/8% Years 2-10/4% Years 11+

If somebody has one of these, for them to come out ahead on the RX, they need to fill their prescription monthly. I was going to take one of these on myself just for the RX benefit, until I asked and found out that if you get a 90 day supply, you only get credit for one $10/$25 benefit, not $30/$75. If I filled mine monthly, I'd get back more in RX benefit, than I'd pay in...but with the my PDP, the 90 day price savings makes more sense.

It's still a good buy, just make sure they fill monthly unless they have a situation like mine.

55% FYC/8% Years 2-10/4% Years 11+

If somebody has one of these, for them to come out ahead on the RX, they need to fill their prescription monthly. I was going to take one of these on myself just for the RX benefit, until I asked and found out that if you get a 90 day supply, you only get credit for one $10/$25 benefit, not $30/$75. If I filled mine monthly, I'd get back more in RX benefit, than I'd pay in...but with the my PDP, the 90 day price savings makes more sense.

It's still a good buy, just make sure they fill monthly unless they have a situation like mine.
There's the precise issue I was referring to in whatever plan we were talking about the other day where I said I thought the plan terms encouraged filing monthly.

Back