And Now, The Selling Of Obamacare...

They need 2.7 million healthy 18-35 individuals to go onto the exchange.

The law will prevent that from happening because you can stay on your parents plan until age 26.

If this is really the case the exchange will be nothing more than a high risk pool.

I feel the subsidies are being underestimated.

I predict there will be flood of people taking advantage of the subsidies.

I read somewhere else that they expect a net total of 7 million to gain coverage when all is said and done for 2014.

In other words, of the 30-45 million uninsured, we're only helping 15-25% of them (net) gain coverage. For A LOT of money.

PCIP numbers looked bad on a per capita cost basis, but this whole thing is for the birds.

They need 2.7 million healthy 18-35 individuals to go onto the exchange.

The law will prevent that from happening because you can stay on your parents plan until age 26.

If this is really the case the exchange will be nothing more than a high risk pool.

I feel the subsidies are being underestimated.

I predict there will be flood of people taking advantage of the subsidies.

Part-time jobs could be in high demand soon. They don't have to stay on the parents plan till 26 do they? Which would be cheaper for a say 23 year old making 20k....daddy's plan or the exchange with subsidy? This thing is a wooly booger just no telling which way it will fly and just how people will react.

I agree with the 7 million number that to me sounds spot on especially considering the "family glitch"

Part-time jobs could be in high demand soon. They don't have to stay on the parents plan till 26 do they? Which would be cheaper for a say 23 year old making 20k....daddy's plan or the exchange with subsidy? This thing is a wooly booger just no telling which way it will fly and just how people will react.

I agree with the 7 million number that to me sounds spot on especially considering the "family glitch"

It depends if Daddy is paying for it.

Here is the real question, how much time are you going to spend to sell Jr. on an exchange plan?

He is really not going to be any hurry because he has coverage.

If we are working on say 7% on $350 a month policy, will you spend the time to educate JR on why he should buy on the exchange?

Here is the real question, how much time are you going to spend to sell Jr. on an exchange plan?

He is really not going to be any hurry because he has coverage.

If we are working on say 7% on $350 a month policy, will you spend the time to educate JR on why he should buy on the exchange?

Good point I think I will send those cases to taterpeeler.:laugh:

Plans submitted for the NY off-exchange have an optional rider that lets "children" stay on until the day before they turn 30.

I guess there may be 2.7 million young adults out there without parental coverage, but it sounds like a tall order when the Age 26 mandate is so darn popular.

We're creating a future crisis of people who won't ever be able to retire. The money they are spending on their children's health insurance at age 26 should be going towards their future retirement costs.

This is asinine. Most children are less expensive to cover individually.

Back