ANICO & American National - Same Company?

They ALL do. With some work, you can convert your term inventory little-by-little into permanent life policies that pay renewals. :)

This is something I need to learn and practice once the Terms get that close.

This is something I need to learn and practice once the Terms get that close.

I'm not certain that your business model would work for that. You're selling insurance by telephone. Very transactional. In my opinion, only those whose insurability has changed would be interested in converting to permanent life from that kind of non-relationship.

Now, if you engaged in the rare act of doing annual reviews with clients... then you might have a shot. But I don't think it's in the way you think and operate your business.

I'm thinking of adding another Term carrier to my bag.

I believe they are phone / eapp friendly?

Does either pay renewals on their Term policies?

Really enjoying the Term world. Longer closing period - but, no cat piss and old people . . .

You might consider adding all of the term carriers to your bag...you're independent, right?

Also, focusing on renewals for term is not worthwhile IMHO.

Write the best carrier for the client situation.

Referrals are your renewals.

You might consider adding all of the term carriers to your bag...you're independent, right?

Dont even waste your time on Tommy C. Guy doesn't even sell and claims in GA companies only appoint you after a policy is in force. He doesnt get it and doesnt want to get it

I'm not certain that your business model would work for that. You're selling insurance by telephone. Very transactional. In my opinion, only those whose insurability has changed would be interested in converting to permanent life from that kind of non-relationship.

Now, if you engaged in the rare act of doing annual reviews with clients... then you might have a shot. But I don't think it's in the way you think and operate your business.

I have no problems with doing Annual Reviews. Heck - if they want an MRI or an EKG - I'll set that up too ;)

Last edited:

I'd rather just focus on a few Term and a few WL - keep it simple.

No renewals = no happening with ole Tommy . . .

I like Ameritas Term and MoO for the < 40's . . . Like Foresters for the FU wl and term.

Need one more Simple Issue Term - but, has to have renewals like my others . . .

Are you looking for a Simplified Issue Term carrier or a carrier that has Express Underwriting? National Life pays renewals on their term product, but it's not simplified issue underwriting.

Back