Annexus' BAA with BALIR

The good, the bad and the ugly is what i am looking for.
I like the ability to turn on and off the income, the confined double payout is nice wish it was a bit more.
I know in this world there is no such thing as a free lunch in which areas does this come up short? I guess it needs a scenario to really figure that out but I was just trying to get a consensus on this product. It's being touted as an immediate and deferred product, indexed, with a confinement benefit and a death payout which makes it seem kinda like a swiss army knife of annuities.
Thank you for any insight.

just thought I'd point out the death benefit is taxable!!
but it's a great product and I like the army knife reference.

The good, the bad and the ugly is what i am looking for.
I like the ability to turn on and off the income, the confined double payout is nice wish it was a bit more.
I know in this world there is no such thing as a free lunch in which areas does this come up short? I guess it needs a scenario to really figure that out but I was just trying to get a consensus on this product. It's being touted as an immediate and deferred product, indexed, with a confinement benefit and a death payout which makes it seem kinda like a swiss army knife of annuities.
Thank you for any insight.

Jack of all trades and a Master of none. Another quote I like. ;)

Like many other products that are on the market now the BBA with the BALIR tries to provide income, death benefit, and LTC solutions in a single package. Forethought, Fidelity and Guaranty, Phoenix, Aviva, and others offer similar features within some of their products.

I think you are exactly right that it would take a scenario to determine if the BAA (or any other product) is a fit for the client.

Prioritize the client's needs and then solve for those needs. I do think it is a product worth having at the ready.

</IMG>

The fees on this annuity are really high. They do have some very cool things that can be added, but I can't recommend this due to the high fees. There may be some unique situations where this would work, but it's definitely not the only product out there.

jmarkk1 said:
The fees on this annuity are really high. They do have some very cool things that can be added, but I can't recommend this due to the high fees. There may be some unique situations where this would work, but it's definitely not the only product out there.

They are called fees but they are actually spreads. It has no actual fees.

Back