Annual enrollment may start one month early?

insurance0707

Guru
1000 Post Club
Michigan
I'm in Michigan and have been dealing with the GM salaried retiree's who are losing their health coverage 1-1-09. Extend Health a company out of San Francisco is being brought in to help the retiree's enroll in health and prescription plans. I read that they'll be enrolling them starting Oct 15th. I don't know how they'll be able to do that unless there is some kind of new enrollment period that Medicare is allowing. It would be nice if the annual enrollment period was from 10-15 through 12-31 instead of 11-15 through 12-31. It would give us more time to help out, that 45 days just isn't enough time.

Anyone heard anything about this?

I'm in Michigan and have been dealing with the GM salaried retiree's who are losing their health coverage 1-1-09. Extend Health a company out of San Francisco is being brought in to help the retiree's enroll in health and prescription plans. I read that they'll be enrolling them starting Oct 15th. I don't know how they'll be able to do that unless there is some kind of new enrollment period that Medicare is allowing. It would be nice if the annual enrollment period was from 10-15 through 12-31 instead of 11-15 through 12-31. It would give us more time to help out, that 45 days just isn't enough time.

Anyone heard anything about this?

Haven't heard that, but, I agree it would be a juge help. That Nov. 15 to Dec. 31 period also has the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays in it. In effect, giving you one month. Only someone in our government would have thought that was a good idea and a good time to go over your medicare needs.

Why not have AEP during April, May and June with start dates July 1? That's the gubments fiscal year.

I guess by 2011 it won't matter, but, for now, it does matter.

"The window to enroll has been extended a month, beginning Oct. 15 this year and lasting until Dec. 31. " That is what extend health is telling the GM Retiree's. I don't know if this is just for GM Retiree's only or for everyone on Medicare. It kind of sounds like GM retiree's only. I know you can start marketing Oct 15th but extend health is saying you can enroll.

here's the link where I found this info...

Move to Medicare can be painless for GM retirees

Back