Annualized commissions

I don't want to go through a GA. Blue Shield offered this contract directly. I just didn't know if any other carrier had similar contracts. I'm assuming they don't. Just thought I'd ask.

News to me I have been appointed direct to Blue Shield since March 2007 and I get all my commission from them as earned.

I don't want to go through a GA. Blue Shield offered this contract directly. I just didn't know if any other carrier had similar contracts. I'm assuming they don't. Just thought I'd ask.

Here's a bit of advice....Never assume until you know and then clarify to ensure that you know what you think you know, so the person you talk to who knows everything doesn't know now.

# 2
If you haven't already researched all the other companies in your state and don't know what you think you know now, then somebody like me who does know is going to help a client to know more than you know....ya know????

Joking aside, besides Assurant, I don't know any other carrier that offers advances in Cali for health besides MEGA, but I think their captive.

I just found out that Blue Shield offers annualized contracts. Does anyone know ifother carriers offer the same?

Just called Blue Shield CA and they know nothing about any annualized contracts - according to them all commission on iFP business is "paid as earned" on monthly basis.

Where did you get this "information" from??

BTW no other carriers offer it either on a direct contract--at least not any of the credible carriers.

I don't believe they have advances with direct contracts.

Even if they did you still have to get cases issued to get advanced.

I am sure other CA carriers can chime in on their process and rate ups.

They offered my schedule "A" which is the traditional 20% 1st year and 10% renewal, as earned contract.

And schedule "B" which is 21% 1st year and 11% renewal. The catch is that schedule "B" is based on first year premiums so if your clients premium go up in year 2 you will still be paid based on yr 1's premiums.

This isn't a big deal to me since people are always going to shop for new coverage once their premiums are increased.

Back