Annuities and part time

miwexler

Hello,

Is there anyone out there that mentors and develops reps to sell annuities starting out part time. I have wanted to get started in this space but need the guidance of a seasoned rep or company to help me go full time.

Any info would help

Annuities are very much a "trust" factor and conversation. Can't think of any one time where I met someone who said "I have some money and don't know what to do with it. Take it and let me know where it went". And working part time at gaining that trust? Good Luck with that plan

It seems you are selling annuities full time. How did you get started and become successful?

I went to work for an agency which sold annuities, studied, and did ride-alongs with more experienced agents, and gained the trust of my clients. You can have a client for many yeas who will surprise you one day with a question about a financial product you had no idea he/she owned. I have worked budgets for medicare customers to better their cash flow only to find out months later that there were paid up life policies which could have been used or retirement money sitting in a bank account gaining .01% and being drawn down monthly. Ask lots of questions about annuities and listen to the answers before you start to peddle

I have known the team at Ohlson Group for many years. Their focus is annuity products and related agent sales and marketing. (I have no affiliation with the company; just awareness that they are highly regarded in their headquarters city.)

I wanted to resurrect this post to say that I have mentored this agent and he is indeed on the path to success in the annuity business. We put together a program that was affordable and put him in front of 90+ qualified prospects. in the first few meetings he's had over a million dollars to work with and we are on the way to capturing a lot of that. I'm happy to work with anyone that wants to try something new.

Back