Annuity Card Inquiry

KRobby

Guru
1000 Post Club
Response rate aside, for the sake of argument, if you had an opportunity to get 100 of these fresh dm leads on your desk, how many FIAs do you think you could sell? (I have no ties to CIS but I used them for various campaigns years ago.)

http://www.cismarketing.com/promo/CIS/secure/X90B.pdf

less than 5%,
5%,
10%,
15%,
20%,
25%,
more than 25%?
Have fun.

Had it set up as a poll but clicked out of it oh well.

Last edited:
less than 1% I would be shocked if its more than that

I think he means that you have 100 returns already...

I can only imagine how many of those you'd have mail to get 100 but if you did, I don't see why your ratios should differ from any other cold contact lead in financial services.

6-8 sales? Likely lower premiums and maybe some MYGAs (due to the lead source) but 100 leads is still 100 leads.

Response rate aside, for the sake of argument, if you had an opportunity to get 100 of these fresh dm leads on your desk, how many FIAs do you think you could sell? (I have no ties to CIS but I used them for various campaigns years ago.) http://www.cismarketing.com/promo/CIS/secure/X90B.pdf less than 5%, 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, more than 25%? Have fun. Had it set up as a poll but clicked out of it oh well.

I read a post on here (this was a few years ago) where an agent created a custom annuity mailer and he said he was KILLING it (obviously I have no way of verifying) but his card mentioned something like -

"Do you want to avoid paying additional taxes on your money to the government? Mail this card back in!"

I'm NOT an annuity expert but I feel like you would get a better return from possibly a better demographic if you mentioned something about avoiding paying taxes (doesn't everybody who has any sort of money look to do this?).

That's my $0.02

Yeah I know the tax reduction responds really well, I've done quite a few SSB tax reduction drops with 3% back. Closed around 5-6% (and harder now), about what Tahoe said. It's very bait and switch with CD interest basically a non factor into tax.

The card above returns about 0.33%, that's about 9 times worse. Seems like a really strong card though for those that send it in. My estimate is it would cost about 15k to get 100, maybe there's a few brave test drivers out there that can close 10-15%. :yes:

That is a very specific pitch on that card. I would think an experienced producer could close 20% of them if sent to the correct demographic.

But that is a horrible response rate. At 20% you would make somewhere around $20k worst case scenario. Worst case meaning a very low average case size per client.. like $20k in assets or something like that.

But most likely you would make in the $30k-$100k range off of 20 annuity cases.

$15k is just a lot to invest in something that I havent heard first hand experience about.

That is a very specific pitch on that card. I would think an experienced producer could close 20% of them if sent to the correct demographic.

But that is a horrible response rate. At 20% you would make somewhere around $20k worst case scenario. Worst case meaning a very low average case size per client.. like $20k in assets or something like that.

But most likely you would make in the $30k-$100k range off of 20 annuity cases.

$15k is just a lot to invest in something that I havent heard first hand experience about.

That was my thinking as well. If $50,000 is made per 100, than 250k per 500.
250k-75k=175k working 10 leads a week. Not the best ROI, but not a terrible part time job. I haven't proactively sold annuities in over a year so I'm just tossing ideas around, good feedback guys. :yes:

That was my thinking as well. If $50,000 is made per 100, than 250k per 500.
250k-75k=175k working 10 leads a week. Not the best ROI, but not a terrible part time job. I haven't proactively sold annuities in over a year so I'm just tossing ideas around, good feedback guys. :yes:

If you're willing to invest that kind of money for leads, you might want to check out RME, if you haven't already. They contacted me a couple of years ago. Sounded good, but that's not my market. I only sell an annuity every now and then and those leads aren't cheap. I passed. Here's the link if you want to check it out, they have qualified preset face to face appointments besides the seminars.

RME360 - Seminar Marketing and Lead Generation for Financial & Healthcare Firms

Back