Annuity Marketing Agency - 100M Annual Production

Jack12345

Expert
Hey all,

I am currently working with/for a digital marketing agency that helps life insurance agents sell anywhere from 3-5M in annuities per year. We are currently working with about 20 agents and over the next year plan to scale to a point where our marketing campaigns are directly responsible for producing over 100M in annuity sales. If possible, ideally over the next few years we'd get that up as high as possible (250-500M).

Obviously our company has value to a private equity firm in terms of the net monthly cash flow we are able to generate from the marketing fees we collect from our clients, but I am curious if there is enterprise value to an IMO or carrier (aka could we possibly sell this marketing company directly to a carrier or IMO) based off the gross commissions we help our clients produce.

My thinking is, if our campaigns can produce 100M in annuity sales (or 5-7M commissions) for individual producers, if we were to partner with or get bought out by an IMO/carrier, all they'd have to do is plug in their agents (with a multiple year existing track record of successfully selling annuities) into our existing marketing infrastructure (advertising/marketing campaigns and assets, exact numbers on cost per lead, close rate, sales length, customer acquisition cost, LTV of a customer, etc.)

He who controls the leads controls the sales. Anyone with experience with company acquisitions I would greatly appreciate some feedback (feel free to reach out directly), we are very good at the marketing but the M&A/private equity side of things I have no background experience with.

Hey all,

I am currently working with/for a digital marketing agency that helps life insurance agents sell anywhere from 3-5M in annuities per year. We are currently working with about 20 agents and over the next year plan to scale to a point where our marketing campaigns are directly responsible for producing over 100M in annuity sales. If possible, ideally over the next few years we'd get that up as high as possible (250-500M)...

Can't say if the agency has value to a P/E firm as not every business is on the radar for P/E.
P/E firms want businesses that preferably have something unique and that will have extreme growth so they can sell it or go public.

It may have value to an IMO that focuses on annuities.
--------

What is the marketing strategy?
What are agency fees to a producer?

Hey all,

I am currently working with/for a digital marketing agency that helps life insurance agents sell anywhere from 3-5M in annuities per year. We are currently working with about 20 agents and over the next year plan to scale to a point where our marketing campaigns are directly responsible for producing over 100M in annuity sales. If possible, ideally over the next few years we'd get that up as high as possible (250-500M).

Obviously our company has value to a private equity firm in terms of the net monthly cash flow we are able to generate from the marketing fees we collect from our clients, but I am curious if there is enterprise value to an IMO or carrier (aka could we possibly sell this marketing company directly to a carrier or IMO) based off the gross commissions we help our clients produce.

My thinking is, if our campaigns can produce 100M in annuity sales (or 5-7M commissions) for individual producers, if we were to partner with or get bought out by an IMO/carrier, all they'd have to do is plug in their agents (with a multiple year existing track record of successfully selling annuities) into our existing marketing infrastructure (advertising/marketing campaigns and assets, exact numbers on cost per lead, close rate, sales length, customer acquisition cost, LTV of a customer, etc.)

He who controls the leads controls the sales. Anyone with experience with company acquisitions I would greatly appreciate some feedback (feel free to reach out directly), we are very good at the marketing but the M&A/private equity side of things I have no background experience with.
Do you have these agents in a downline or are you just sourcing leads?

You can make 6x free cash if you can prove production (meaning that they're "your" agents) but if you're just generating leads, I have no idea what your business is worth.

I would think that if your numbers are accurate that your company may be very valuable to an IMO, though.

Do you have these agents in a downline or are you just sourcing leads?

You can make 6x free cash if you can prove production (meaning that they're "your" agents) but if you're just generating leads, I have no idea what your business is worth.

I would think that if your numbers are accurate that your company may be very valuable to an IMO, though.

Right now the agents are doing a revenue share deal where we get 20% of the commissions paid directly from the carriers and these agents are not our downline agents.

Direct response marketing - FB/YT lead gen. More extensive/educational funnels than how traditional vendors/agencies do. Producers simply cover the cost of advertising. Typical ROAS (return on ad spend or ROI) is anywhere from 5X on the low end up to 20X. Spend 1k/month on ads, write 2-5 deals per month of about 100-300k/deal.

What is the marketing strategy?

What are the upfront fees to a producer?

The marketing strategy isn't some crazy complex proprietary thing. It's just knowing the numbers and actually understanding what truly hooks/engages a prospect. 99% of other lead vendors/marketing agencies are doing the exact same thing talking about PRODUCTS and FEATURES (which consumers don't care about). Consumers see the same types of ads again and again talking about products/features and become banner blind, there's no differentiation or unique messaging to the traditional marketing done within this industry (not just retirement planning but traditional life policies as well).

Within our marketing we tell stories, evoke curiosity, speak to pain points/potential risks of being in the market, etc. and the #s show.

The marketing strategy isn't some crazy complex proprietary thing. It's just knowing the numbers and actually understanding what truly hooks/engages a prospect. 99% of other lead vendors/marketing agencies are doing the exact same thing talking about PRODUCTS and FEATURES (which consumers don't care about). Consumers see the same types of ads again and again talking about products/features and become banner blind, there's no differentiation or unique messaging to the traditional marketing done within this industry (not just retirement planning but traditional life policies as well).

Within our marketing we tell stories, evoke curiosity, speak to pain points/potential risks of being in the market, etc. and the #s show.

What is the name of your agency?
Website?

You can PM me if you wish to not put it on the forum.

Back