Annuity Marketing Opportunites

timeflies

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
The forum has a lot of agents that market to seniors and folks that are trying to recruit agents and that is perfectly fine with me. I have been selling MAPD and Med Supps to seniors for over 12 years now. I would like to shift my focus to marketing fixed annuities, MYGAs and FIA annuities. Does anyone have any suggestions for an IMO/FMO I could work with that would show me the ropes? I am learning products pretty quickly, but I doubt if I have very few of my Medicare members that are good candidates for annuity sales so I need some help from reputable firms to help me find the folks I could be to market annuities to. Any suggestions are appreciated.

The forum has a lot of agents that market to seniors and folks that are trying to recruit agents and that is perfectly fine with me. I have been selling MAPD and Med Supps to seniors for over 12 years now. I would like to shift my focus to marketing fixed annuities, MYGAs and FIA annuities. Does anyone have any suggestions for an IMO/FMO I could work with that would show me the ropes? I am learning products pretty quickly, but I doubt if I have very few of my Medicare members that are good candidates for annuity sales so I need some help from reputable firms to help me find the folks I could be to market annuities to. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I have been doing Medicare business for 12 years , and became securities licensed and began managing money around 5 years ago.

To be candid , you are not going to find an FMO that can take you where you want to go , from you are at right now. FMOs are great for product knowledge , and they can point you in the direction of lead providers, but there are so many different niche markets and paths to success in the -- financial advisor/ retirement advisor / annuity agent -- world that you are going to have to blaze your own path to success.

Since you already have a strong background in Medicare , I would suggest building on that knowledge base and targeting some of your marketing to higher income areas. Become an expert and talk to those people about social security and long term care and some annuity cases will fall into your lap. Get your 65 and additional opportunities will fall into your lap.

The best advice that I can give you is to take it at your own pace and don't stop doing what is paying your bills now , and just keep working towards the change that you want to become.

My only hesitation for you getting your Series 65 securities license and registering with an RIA, is that securities compliance could have an impact on any other marketing you do for your insurance sales.

I would recommend continued study and research and when you're ready, THEN go for your series 65.

A mentor would probably be better to show you the ropes rather than anyone at the FMO. So the next question is how does one find a good mentor. This can also be a challenge as many FMOs will direct producers to a couple of large producers who say that they can mentor and all they really do is take override and not provide much help.

What I did early on was ask for my marketer (at the FMO) to schedule a call between one or 2 of their top people and during that call you can ask questions. I would also suggest you ask for someone who does not mentor people traditionally....this will protect you from a long sales pitch rather than getting your questions answered.

Back