Annuity with best enhanced death benefit rider

Kongerup

Expert
Hi All,

I have a client who has cancer and is uninsurable. His overall health outlook looks promising but with cancer, you just never know. The gentleman is looking for a way to increase his payout to his Wife in the event he dies. He has about $120,000 in retirement savings that we are looking to possibly put into an annuity with an Enhanced DB rider. To the gurus out there, is this a sound strategy? If so, which carriers offer the best annuity products with this type of rider. He is 59 years old and could do a 10yr deferred option. Thanks in advance!

-JK

Athene ha a good product (Agility 10) that is great to build up DB. The Benefit Base (which is the DB) gets a 25% Bonus up front, then Index Credits get a 75% bump annually. You cant trigger it for income until year 11, but the DB benefit is active year 1. The bene must take the DB over a 5 year period to get the benefit base figure.

Great American has a strong DB Rider, but Athene's Agility beats it last I compared the two.

Athene ha a good product (Agility 10) that is great to build up DB. The Benefit Base (which is the DB) gets a 25% Bonus up front, then Index Credits get a 75% bump annually. You cant trigger it for income until year 11, but the DB benefit is active year 1. The bene must take the DB over a 5 year period to get the benefit base figure.

Great American has a strong DB Rider, but Athene's Agility beats it last I compared the two.
Scagnt83, thanks for this. I just found the Agility 10 last week and it was by far the best product I've come across in my search for this type of case where building the DB is priority.

Latest posts

Back