Another Bomb Detonates for Cigna-HealthSpring

Ronnie Carter

Guru
100+ Post Club
A local Nashville station broadcast an expose tonight.

Shocking violations at Cigna-Healthspring | WZTV

What surprised me the most is that their problems with claims apparently started before Herb Fritch sold out to Cigna. I thought it was after.

For the longest time I felt sorry for Herb as he watched his great health plan torn to shreds but now realize that maybe the concern was misplaced.

This was not a 60-Minutes style extensive investigation and their interview with a not-so-well-disguised former employee yielded very little information of interest. But it's another nail in the proverbial coffin, I reckon.

This company is headed for disaster. These thing will even hurt their supplement sales and other lines, Besides fines, Reputation means so much & people are starting to hear a lot of bad things about Cigna

I did not contract with Healthsprings...why, well Cigna came in to a large area of NC and I wrote a large amount of biz with them, low and behold the following year they pull out...what's that old saying about fool me twice.

----------

Sounds like a great opportunity to move members to other plans.
Oh yes and spend all that time redoing what you have already done just to keep what you have already earned...no thanks.
Place them with a stable vendor and service the hell out of them.

Um, er, I'd like to know why I haven't received an email from Cigna-HealthSpring confirming that they're "sanctioned out" of AEP this fall.

Wasn't the filing deadline for plans four days ago? As I understand it, they could not file '17 plans while under sanction from CMS, and now they're past the deadline, no?

This royal screwup will cost them $millions. Probably hundreds of $millions.

This is just like the news story about Aetna leaving Obamacare exchanges that led many seniors to believe they were going out of business entirely.

Hope this story doesn't get picked up nationwide or get ready for a flood of calls and emails from your Cigna supplement clients on Tuesday morning!

One more fire to put out. :goofy:

----------

Just saw this was a bumped post!

Trying to ruin my Labor day weekend with OLD NEWS?

Um, er, I'd like to know why I haven't received an email from Cigna-HealthSpring confirming that they're "sanctioned out" of AEP this fall.

Wasn't the filing deadline for plans four days ago? As I understand it, they could not file '17 plans while under sanction from CMS, and now they're past the deadline, no?

This royal screwup will cost them . Probably hundreds of .

Thanks for the heads up. Is this for the Entire Country?

This royal screwup will cost them . Probably hundreds of .

What will this mean for my Cigna -Healthsprings RX plan?

Back