Another Feature of Obamacare

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
Last year my son was unemployed from January through April. I helped him enroll in an Obamacrap plan using an income high enough to keep him off Medicaid.

In May he was hired by the debil and went under their group plan.

Now instead of a refund on his taxes the IRS is telling him he owes back the 4 months of subsidy. He absolutely qualified for the taxpayer's help for those months so why does he owe money now? Is it his fault he became an employee and now pays taxes so others can have "free" crappy insurance?

I'm waiting for a call from my commie congressman's office. Calling the IRS means 90 minutes and hold and then about 5-6 transfers before they disconnect the call. Going to the local office is impossible because they turn away people due to the crowds.

So the IRS is holding up his refund. Before Obamacrap he had a great HSA plan with Aetna. They pulled out of California so his $75/mo plan turned into a $300 plan with the taxpayers chipping in $220 of it.

Just love this crap.

Rick

Re: Another Feature of Obamacrap

Last year my son was unemployed from January through April. I helped him enroll in an Obamacrap plan using an income high enough to keep him off Medicaid.

Now instead of a refund on his taxes the IRS is telling him he owes back the 4 months of subsidy. He absolutely qualified for the taxpayer's help for those months so why does he owe money now? Is it his fault he became an employee and now pays taxes so others can have "free" crappy insurance?

I'm waiting for a call from my commie congressman's office. Calling the IRS means 90 minutes and hold and then about 5-6 transfers before they disconnect the call. Going to the local office is impossible because they turn away people due to the crowds.

So the IRS is holding up his refund. Before Obamacrap he had a great HSA plan with Aetna. They pulled out of California so his $75/mo plan turned into a $300 plan with the taxpayers chipping in $220 of it.

Just love this crap.

Rick

Horror stories all around. The supposed "adjustment" at tax time is taking on very different forms than when it was originally explained. It seems they are just doing whatever they please to get their money back - whether it's legitimate or not according to how the law was written.

My people who are experiencing these issues & others find that they are on the phone with the marketplace at least 7+ hours to get any resolution. It's been taking them days and multiple people. Still some cannot find anyone who can actually resolve their problem, or who even understands what they are talking about. It's a mess . . . .

You should rejoice that he get off your teet finally.

No need to go waste time at the IRS, the clawback will be based on the entire calendar year income, not just those 4 months.

Penalized for getting a job..........the Obama way.

Just love this crap.

Rick

Here you go, this should answer ALL of your questions.

https://www.healthcare.gov/get-answers/

Or not.

Why don't you call the Marketplace 10 times and speak with 10 different people to see how many different answers you'll get?

You should rejoice that he get off your teet finally.

No need to go waste time at the IRS, the clawback will be based on the entire calendar year income, not just those 4 months.

Penalized for getting a job..........the Obama way.

He's 28 and buying his own health insurance for 7 years.

I understand the issue of the clawback. Had he gone on Medicaid for the 4 months (which could have happened) then he'd have received the entire refund instead of a $1,200 difference in taxes.

Still waiting for congressman's office to call. Had the jackass not voted for this monstrosity then it wouldn't have passed. I hold him personally responsible. Let's see what they say when I get the call.

Rick

I understand the issue of the clawback. Had he gone on Medicaid for the 4 months (which could have happened) then he'd have received the entire refund instead of a $1,200 difference in taxes.

Still waiting for congressman's office to call. Had the jackass not voted for this monstrosity then it wouldn't have passed. I hold him personally responsible. Let's see what they say when I get the call.

Rick

One Congress members vote made the difference?

Rick

If he made enough in a calendar year not to be eligible for the subsidy, then he has to pay back the subsidy. As a tax payer, that's how I want it. If someone is unemployed for the first 6 months and then makes $200,000 the second half of the year, why (as a tax payer) should I have to pay the subsidy for him?

Doesn't have to be above 400%, only just above the FPL and SLCSP based on his age.
Based on $220 aptc, another $20k would have knocked him out

Libertarians don't believe in taxes

A $1,200 difference in taxes.

Rick

Based on the prior notation that we were paying $ 220 of the premium per month it would lead one to believe it was a total payback of the APTC meaning outside of the 400% FPL...

Thats what lead me to my question.

Back