Another Major LTC Player Making Sweeping Changes

2insureyou

I'll not say who, as I"m not sure how much is public, but a huge life insurer, and Top 10 player in the LTC market is making sweeping changes, per an email I received as one of their brokers.

• Their shared care is being significantly limited to 2 or 3 year benefit periods
  • No more ROP of any kind
  • No more limited pay, such as 10 pay or to age 65
  • No more lifetime benefit or 10 year benefit available
This will be complete by the end of the month.This applies to ALL states.

Until I one time hear somebody tell me they have a MM LTC policy I cannot call them a "major player". Not once in 15 years have I heard someone tell me. Or at least that I remember. Maybe its a CA thing.

Just tell us who it is! lol

Last edited:
Here we go..........

Effective June 29, 2012, the following benefits will no longer be offered within the MassMutual stand alone LTC insurance portfolio for [FONT=Arial","sans-serif]ALL STATES[/FONT]:

* Lifetime and 10-year benefit periods
* Both Return of Premium Riders (Full Return of Premium and Return of Premium upon death)
* All limited premium payment options (10-year, Paid-up at age 65 and Discounted Renewals)
* Shared Care Rider - Still available but limited to 2 year & 3 year benefit periods only.

Directly from Mass Mutual, in a "Private" email to me (and the rest of the planet)

Last edited:
Here we go..........

Effective June 29, 2012, the following benefits will no longer be offered within the MassMutual stand alone LTC insurance portfolio for [FONT=Arial","sans-serif]ALL STATES[/FONT]:

* Lifetime and 10-year benefit periods
* Both Return of Premium Riders (Full Return of Premium and Return of Premium upon death)
* All limited premium payment options (10-year, Paid-up at age 65 and Discounted Renewals)
* Shared Care Rider - Still available but limited to 2 year & 3 year benefit periods only.

Directly from Mass Mutual, in a "Private" email to me (and the rest of the planet)

called it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mred

Latest posts

Back