Another Major LTC Player Making Sweeping Changes

The funny thing to me is he represented the impact to Genworth clients that would get Preferred rates but he misrepresented Omaha and Teansamerica by not reflecting their discounts and purposefully showing a high price.

I had your buddy Mike give me the numbers. What else do you want me to do?

Is there anything more hypocritical than an agent concerned about the "future price of an LTCi policy" when that agent regularly sells a policy with an inflation "benefit" that is guaranteed to increase the client's premium over 400% over his client's life expectancy?

Scott, he is solving that issue when he converts them to Northwestern's levelized plan in 4 years when the house is paid off.

Scott, he is solving that issue when he converts them to Northwestern's levelized plan in 4 years when the house is paid off.

Thank you for at least defending me on that.

Even if you still disagree with me, you are a gentleman and a scholar!

Happy "Independents" Day!!

Well, I got my computer out and I have confirmed that for a 52 year old married couple, Ikeman's premium for Northwestern should be $7787.60.

Transamerica does not offer a 6 year BP; but does offer a 5 year BP and the premium is $5571.16.

The current Genworth premium would be $3888.

American General is at $4378

Last edited:
Thank you for at least defending me on that.

Even if you still disagree with me, you are a gentleman and a scholar!

Happy "Independents" Day!!

ltcadviser was being facetious.:yes::laugh:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well, I got my computer out and I have confirmed that for a 52 year old married couple, Ikeman's premium for Northwestern should be $7787.60.

Transamerica does not offer a 6 year BP; but does offer a 5 year BP and the premium is $5571.16.

The current Geneorth premium would be $3888.

American General is at $4378

I am SHOCKED that there were mistakes on that beautifully crafted spreadsheet!

Utterly shocked! :yes::laugh:

Last edited:
I will black out the clients name and post the illustrations for you later in the week. If there are any mistakes, I will have no problem admitting them at that time. Contrary to your beliefs, I come on here to learn. I have changed some of my advice over the last few years by things I have found on here.

Well, you can call me anytime; get immediate answers to any questions; quotes; illustrations and underwriting answers; and I can pay you 15% more FYC on your outside business :)

Sounds like a win win win to me.

Now my phone is about to die..so this probably will be my last post

Back