Another med supp question

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
What kind of luck have you guys been having cold calling med supp prospects from an over 65 list, assuming that your plan is very competitive price-wise. How is that working out for you or how tough is it to get some business that way.

Thanks.

Winter

Have you been doing that recently, and what results have you had?

I just ran a response lead for a med advantage, but the couple bought med supps. Just a better fit for them.

Winter, I just realized you started a new post that could have been continued on your other post, of cold calling on med supps.

Do you not believe in clutter control?

Winter, I just realized you started a new post that could have been continued on your other post, of cold calling on med supps.

Do you not believe in clutter control?

That is true but it was not the same question so sometimes do not read the thread because they think it is just a continuing discussion of the same question when, in fact, new information is being requested.

As usual, you could have added a real reply or some content to the thread with the same amount of words that you used to make a useless observation but I guess you dont have knowledge.

Winter

What kind of luck have you guys been having cold calling med supp prospects from an over 65 list, assuming that your plan is very competitive price-wise. How is that working out for you or how tough is it to get some business that way.

Thanks.

Winter

Over 65 are the only people I call, have been for quite a while. Numerous times I have tried turning 65 and I never get the desired results.

At 65 they seem to think that they can make their own decisions, as in they know more than a senior agent does. It usually takes them a couple of years before they are willing to listen to reason. Kind of like talking to teenagers. haha

I find that my best target audience is people between the ages of 68 and 78. That's where the majority of my efforts have always been concentrated.

The first piece of info you want to get from them is who are they currently insured with. That is the most important single piece of info you can get from them. Even if you don't make a sale on the initial contact. If you have that info, as soon as you hear that their current company has an increase call them again even if it is a year or more later.

They may be so happy to hear from you that they will be willing to send a cab to pick you up.

Over 65 are the only people I call, have been for quite a while. Numerous times I have tried turning 65 and I never get the desired results.

At 65 they seem to think that they can make their own decisions, as in they know more than a senior agent does. It usually takes them a couple of years before they are willing to listen to reason. Kind of like talking to teenagers. haha

I find that my best target audience is people between the ages of 68 and 78. That's where the majority of my efforts have always been concentrated.

The first piece of info you want to get from them is who are they currently insured with. That is the most important single piece of info you can get from them. Even if you don't make a sale on the initial contact. If you have that info, as soon as you hear that their current company has an increase call them again even if it is a year or more later.

They may be so happy to hear from you that they will be willing to send a cab to pick you up.

What kind of routine do you follow. You dial a little each day between other things? Or that is the main focus of your prospecting or? What kind of results are you getting per number of leads etc.

You ever use mail and follow up or anything like that?

Thanks again.

Winter

Back