Another NetQuote Horror Story?

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

Guru
5000 Post Club
I cancelled my NetQuote account last month. I used to spend about $1200 per month with them and lately it had dropped to about $200. Lead quality was questionable and their credit policy had deteriorated.

They were no longer a part of my marketing system.

Whoops! At about 2:00 EST this afternoon, I noticed three leads came in within 10 minutes of each other. Frantically, like Mark McGuire on steroids (I had to try to fit that barb in somehow), I paused my account. I guess I had only frozen my account for three weeks, and not completely suspended it.

OK. I have three leads now...all within 15 minutes of my office. Pretty odd that three come in so quickly. So I called the first one. Male 40. He answered the phone. I told him who I was and that I was located five minutes for him.

He lectured me a bit on how many calls and emails he had received. He also said my information was wrong and that he was married and needed his wife covered. But wait! He was interested. In fact...he wanted catastrophic coverage and said he would choose between the UHC and Anthem plans.

Say What?

AND...he wanted 150k of 10-year level term on each of them. He advised me to email the particulars and he would call me Friday. Omigosh!

Should I re-activate my NetQuote account? Whats going on here?

The next lead was also home! What? She said to email the rates. The third lead was bogus. Oh. Hmmm. Not a bad ROI here...assuming I get an app from the first person. Have I been wrong about Netquote?

Ah yes....then I remembered what I have said so many times on this Forum. "With Netquote...you will receive some of the best leads you ever bought...and some of the worst leads you ever bought." So true.

They still oversell their leads and use affiliates so I'll probably leave the account frozen, while I'm ahead.

I wrote 33 apps last month on 96 leads with them. A few of those were double sales. Some of the leads I'm still chasing around in my CRM system. Some of their leads are pure putrid garbage, the medicare leads if you don't call within 15 minutes MOO telemarketers hit them first, although in 100% of those cases they set an appointment that was not actually attended by an agent. They also changed their system for how leads are credited, but they basically never turn down credit requests.

I can say one thing. I am having a TON better success rate with their leads than I ever had with Equita leads, and EMG charges 5 times more for their leads, and pays on a lower % contract, and requires you to use their own companies. I would chalk a lot of that up to me just learning to do this better, but the lead quality seems superior as well.

I just got an email from HCO stating they have partnered with Netquote. Leads are being offered for $6.80 each. The email stated the leads normally cost $8.00 each. So is it a $1.20 off each lead or is it 20 cents?

Probably $1.20. I have been with them forever and may be getting some type of discount.

Ksig...33 apps on 96 leads sets a Forum record. Nobody has ever had that success. Congrats...

Webskeptic was used in this post
WebNanny was not used in this post

Lol awesome story today. I got a netquote lead that went to a business in my area that I just happened to know the owner of. I called her and asked if she had turned it in, and she apparently had filled out a survey to keep her subscription to weatherbug active, and it fed her into netquote. It was more than likely NOT an affiliate lead, I was the 2nd agent to call when I called 10 minutes after getting the lead and she's had 4 calls now. This is almost funny, the difference between the quality of their medicare leads last month compared to the lack of quality of ALL their leads this month. The form she filled out she claimed had no warning whatsoever that anyone would call you.

Whenever I've had a serious issue with lead quality (didn't ask for a quote, not interested, etc) it usually came from an affiliate generating leads from bogus or misleading ads. I've had several people that told me they took a survey in order to win an ipod and they had to choose a few companies they were "interested" in. Somehow that became a lead and I had to explain that I wan't handing out ipods and didn't know anything about it.

That has happened with several companies, not just Netquote. If you can find a company that only sells leads they generate on their own you'll have a better close rate. In most cases you won't see near the volume a Netquote or Prospectzone can supply though. Quantity vs quality.

Back