Another Newbie Another Question.

SAI1100

I recently passed my P&C in the state of PA and am taking the Life and Health in December. I am a small business owner in the tax and accounting industry. I am looking to branch out and get into insurance. I am looking to gain real world experience on a part time basis. Where should i be looking? Should i be captive or non-captive? Any thoughts or comments is appreciated.

I recently passed my P&C in the state of PA and am taking the Life and Health in December. I am a small business owner in the tax and accounting industry. I am looking to branch out and get into insurance. I am looking to gain real world experience on a part time basis. Where should i be looking? Should i be captive or non-captive? Any thoughts or comments is appreciated.

P&C does not integrate well with the Tax/Accounting practice without solid experience and carriers to write (which is difficult to do on your own), however, Life and Health does so nicely.

We have may Life/Health Agents that opened a Tax practice for the sole purpose of selling to their clients and gather assets under management. Indexed Annuities and Indexed UL work great in this arena.

The hard work is already done in your case as it can take up to 3 years of building a tax practice to have a larger pool of clients to cross sell into the Asset gathering / Retirement planning arena.

Feel free to contact me for some further reading on the subject.

P&C does not integrate well with the Tax/Accounting practice without solid experience and carriers to write (which is difficult to do on your own), however, Life and Health does so nicely.

We have may Life/Health Agents that opened a Tax practice for the sole purpose of selling to their clients and gather assets under management. Indexed Annuities and Indexed UL work great in this arena.

The hard work is already done in your case as it can take up to 3 years of building a tax practice to have a larger pool of clients to cross sell into the Asset gathering / Retirement planning arena.

Feel free to contact me for some further reading on the subject.

I really appreciate your feedback. The reason i did the P&C was for my business clients. The health and life will be more directed toward my individuals. I am not sure as to which insurance i will be dealing in. I figured i should get licensed in both.
I am looking for guidance as how i get appointed, should i be looking for part time work with an established firm or a large firm (Allstate, StateFarm, Etc...), the benefits of being exclusive vs non, and any items i should be considering.

I agree with Twilight. In your arena I'd go with the Indexed Annuities and IUL's. Especially on a part-time basis.

Feel free to contact me as well. I can give you a few options to look at. I work with many CPA's and Tax offices.

Back