Another Newbie to Senior Sales Question

jadziab

Expert
Hmmmm, I've been stalking the site for a few days and finally decided to jump in. Somebkgrd. I've been in and out of insurance since '89 and somewhat new to senior market. I've been appointed since AEP '10 to sell AARP. We got leads from the FMO and ran on appts. Easy. The rest of the year I dabbled in health insurance. Now, since my bread and butter is quickly being cut I would like to focus on senior. I have no problem CC a T-65, but I REALLY feel like I'm walking on ice. How can you sell a supp and not let them know they will be penalized if they don't get a PDP with it? What if they don't bring it up? I had a MAPD client in '10 that went ballistic because of the penalty. She says no one ever told her she needed a PDP, and it seems who ever sold the supp she had prior should have. Please advise...:nah:

I have no problem selling a med supp and letting them know that it doesn't include Rx.

I leave them a referral page from Coventry health part D and let them know I can look their drugs on Medicare.gov if they would like.

I get that, but I am certified for the MAPD and PDP and am concerned that if I bring it up I would look like I am I am "approaching them" for CMS purposes.

I got VERY nervous when one of my CC asked "isn't it illegal for you to call?" Geez I figured none of them read the CMS agent certification:cool: so do they even know we supposed to sit on our hands and butts and wait for the phone to ring?

I got VERY nervous when one of my CC asked "isn't it illegal for you to call?" Geez I figured none of them read the CMS agent certification:cool: so do they even know we supposed to sit on our hands and butts and wait for the phone to ring?

CC must have been thinking of the DNC which means you can't call them. Your list should be scrubbed for DNC.

CC must have been thinking of the DNC which means you can't call them. Your list should be scrubbed for DNC.

Yes, if it's a list, it definitely needs DNC scrub. You can also buy senior Internet leads that have been gathered from a site that provides a compliant opt-in process. Even the strictest insurance companies buy these leads. I recommend leads from All Web Leads, and Next Wave's 1-85 day old leads. The opt-in gets you 90 days. (I do some business development and web consulting work with Next Wave also, just to disclose that relationship along with this recommendation). Here is my affiliate link if you would like to see what aged leads are available in your area.
You can save money with aged leads- especially if you pair them with the right technology e.g. autodialer and drip marketing- and can filter by prospect age (64.5-65.5, 65 and up, etc). These are general "Health" Leads, not specifically senior, or specific senior product category.
The real time leads are of course associated to a specific search topic/landing page - either the person has chosen a category e.g. Med Supp and/or Med Adv (e.g. Precise Leads offers), or it is just a "general senior" or "general medicare" lead (as with All Web). Age-in (turning 65) leads are pretty low volume but they can be found.
I also hear good things about Hometown Quotes and Parasol.

I don't think she meant DNC, but I never worry about that since I have found a very sincere "I'm sorry, I'll take you off my list" usually leaves them pleasant. I've bought leads, right now I am getting my most bang for the money from Josh's list. When you have 1,000 people to call, if they get weird, I just NEXT. The first one I bought I got a 330% return on my money and I am still talking to people and getting referrals and possibly cross sales. He da man!:laugh:

Back