Another "Rip Off" lead company

Expat

Guru
1000 Post Club
www.lowquotes.com

On Wednesday morning (10/17/07) I got a phone call from this company pitching their services.
Being open to new opportunities I signed up with them, however I first asked a few qualifying questions.
1. How much per lead $11
2. On/Of button on web site Yes
3. How are leads generated Search engine only
4. Do you have any affiliates No
5. Do you pass people onto Ehealthinsurance No
6. How many agents do you sell each lead to 3 (But at present only me)
So being greedy (as well as a sucker) I signed up with them.

Here is what happened in reality.

1. $11 plus $50 per month admin charges
2. No On/Off button
3. Search engine (As far as I know)
4. Yes, wholly owned by www.AllQuotes.com
5. Yes, they direct clients to Ehealthinsurance, AND SELL TO Netquote,
Quotesdelivered and Quotefinancial.
6. Only me at present.

So far I have received 24 leads in 6 days. I submitted 8 leads for credit,
1 Has no social security number
1 duplicate
5 with bad contact information.
1. BOGUS LEAD THAT I SENT IN MYSELF TO CHECK FOR EHEALTHINSURANCE

Would you believe that they will only credit 4 of them and refused the others, including the bogus one I sent in myself?

Of the remaining 16 leads, I was able to contact only 5 on the telephone (So far), I sold two of them for $980 premium
16 @ $11= $176 plus $50 total $226 out of pocket for two sales. A very high lead cost. When you consider that the premium was unusually high for 2 sales, this is not a good company to do business with.

Naturally I was very pissed off at them and called them this morning with a few complaints and choice words. They do not want to listen to any complaints and try to talk over you, also when I queried about affiliates, ehealthinsurance and the on/off button the rep said “I DID’NT KNOW”

Even though I have showed a good profit, I find that this company is very difficult to deal with, extremely dishonest, I strongly recommend running like a bat out of hell, should they contact you.

Last edited:
Another one to Avoid: Apex Leads.

They told us that their leads were based on survey results. No one on the list remembered taking a survey. Apex says you get a full refund if you aren't satisfied. I requested my refund via certified mail 3 months ago and still no check. No one answers the phone in their "refunds" department. How convinient!!!!!

Lesson here is always use credit card with a low limit and preferably visa. Visa has awesome fraught policy. I have requested money back on a merchants numerous times and they have never turned it down. It is much easier to deal with visa. Most of the time you will get your money back the same day. I love Visa.

You sold 2 out of 16 - I would kill to have conversions like that.

Virtually all lead companies are complete garbage.

Plus the opportunity of the other 11 leads yet, and perhaps even a referral from one of the two sold already. Seems to me, you need to give them some more time. I would take 5 to 1 on my money all day long from a new lead source.

In my experience you need to work a minimum of 200 to 400 leads over 90 days or longer to truly realize a lead company is junk , as virtually all of them are.

Buy as many as you can as cheap as possible and hammer the phones - that is all you can do.

You sold 2 out of 16 - I would kill to have conversions like that.

Virtually all lead companies are complete garbage.

I can do better than that with Vimo, where the leads are only $7 each, wilth no admin fee on top of that. If I get 20 leads, I expect to reach 8 of them on the telphone, this means I should sell two or three, I fully expect to sell at least 33% of the people I speak to, otherwise I am screwing up somewhere.
My point of the post is that lowquotes flat out lied through their teeth when I signed up. Think how many more would have answered the telephone had they not had the ehealthinsurance link. I could"nt care less about how many agents get the lead, I always call with 30 seconds of the lead hitting my inbox.

I know that posting results on only 24 leads is not exactly confidence inspiring, however I have worked internet leads for over 5 years and this is the worse company I have ever had to deal with ( They have just informed me that the lead where the guy has no social security number, cannot be credited "I should be able to sell him" - obviously nobody at low quotes has ever sold health insurance)

Plus the opportunity of the other 11 leads yet, and perhaps even a referral from one of the two sold already. Seems to me, you need to give them some more time. I would take 5 to 1 on my money all day long from a new lead source.

I am not holding my breath about contacting the remaining 11. Most people down here will not answer the phone even if their caller ID said I was calling from the Vatican. I have emailed them all and will call another 3 or 4 times over the course of the next week or so. But I will be amazed if I get more than 1 of them.

Latest posts

Back