another telemarketing question thread

this idea is new to me... so im still trying to getteh nuts and bolts down on how it works.

Thanks a ton to salpro for all the info in the last post.

can you find telemarketers to set appts for you? or do they just qualify leads? do you provide lists, or do they?

i get alot of leads from my company (i dont know how long this will last though) and i dont mind calling those people, they are fairly easy to get an appt with. they have responded to a mail and requested contact. I need a telemarketer to get me other new leads.

ideally, i would like to hire someone to do calls and set appts for me. Im sure im missing something here, do they need some kind of special license to do this? I dont know, talk to me like im a 3rd grader (because thats about as much as i know about this).

this idea is new to me... so im still trying to getteh nuts and bolts down on how it works.

Thanks a ton to salpro for all the info in the last post.

You're welcome. It is my pleasure.

can you find telemarketers to set appts for you? or do they just qualify leads? do you provide lists, or do they?

All of my past telemarketers used Goleads.com that I paid $10 per month to use. I recommend you start with them and get a few accounts (1 for you and another for a telemarketer) and pick the areas you want to target.

Their sole purpose in my life is to call people and get permission to send quotes and get the prospect to agree to a follow-up phone call and to make 1 million dollars out of a 1 bedroom appt. (Sorry, I was thinking of the Don Lapre infomercial). I refer to this step as the pre-qualification stage. The qualification stage only occurs once I talk with the prospect and we verify that it is prudent to go forward with business.

i get alot of leads from my company (i dont know how long this will last though) and i dont mind calling those people, they are fairly easy to get an appt with. they have responded to a mail and requested contact. I need a telemarketer to get me other new leads.

Sounds like a good plan. Put together your marketing campaign, goals (write everything down using excel), place some ads and start interviewing people.

ideally, i would like to hire someone to do calls and set appts for me.

Don't we all ;) I recommend that all NEW agents do there own cold calling for 2-3 months before they hire telemarketers to get the experience needed. I did it for a year before I hired. I advocate the belief that you cannot teach somebody to do something properly unless you already have the experience and knowledge.

Im sure im missing something here, do they need some kind of special license to do this?

I cannot speak for for your area because I only cover the mid-atlantic region right now. MD,DC,VA do not require telemarketers to have a license. Contact your local DOI and ask them if they require telemarketers to be licensed and/or search their website. Type in telemarket or telemarketing and see what you get.

Having said that, I am in the process of getting up to speed on the NC /SC market and NC does require telemarketers to have a L/H insurance license. MAJOR PITA IMHO!!!!

Here is what I use

My Telemarketing Script

1) “Hello, this is (insert name) with (insert agency name here). I specialize in offering individual and family health insurance plans with the all of the major carriers in MD (VA, DC, etc.). The reason I’m calling is to let you know that some of the top companies like Aetna, UHC and Assurant have released new plans WITH LOWER RATES. I'd like to send you the plan details so you can see what's available. Are you interested in receiving FREE quotes? Do you have a group or individual plan? (PROCEED TO STEP 3)

1(a).Answer 1 - Client says they have a group plan.

“I’m sorry but these are plans for individuals and families, not group. Would you still like the details sent to you to see if you might benefit? If yes-continue to step 3, if no continue to step 2(d).

2(b).Answer 2 - Clients says they already have an individual plan.

“That’s great. We’d like to get the information out to you so you can see the new plans and rates on the market. Do we have your permission to send you the information? If yes-continue to step 3, if no continue to step 2(d).

2(c).Answer 3 - Client says they don’t have any health insurance.

“Well we would love to get the information out to you. There are many new very affordable plans now available
. Do we have your permission to send you the information? If yes-continue to step 3, if no continue to step 2(d).

2(d). Answer 4 – Client says they are not interested.
“Thank them for the time and continue onto the next call.”

3) Obtain DOB for all members, Smoker Status, Best Phone #, Home Zip Code and individual or family plan request and follow-up appt. w/ date/time.

4) “Ok, that's all the information I need right now. It will take me some time to get all of my research done for you so you can expect to receive the information by the end of the day. When is a good time to call you back to spend about 10 minutes to go over the information? OK, I will contact you at the time to discuss any questions or comments that you might have and go over the information. Do you have any questions or comments before I let you go? Have a nice day.”

Sip coffee, breath and go onward ;)

Thanks sal... youre a wealth of info, i really appreciate it.

I have discovered that my home office has "good leads", i.e. the ones i described in my earlier post, and crap leads, i.e. t65 lists, other general basic lists. The good news is that its all free to me. I think i will work the good leads myself, and dump my crap leads on a telemarketer to narrow it down a bit. Im might plagiarize some of your script, though i will have to tweak it a bit because im captive. Thanks again

Thanks sal... youre a wealth of info, i really appreciate it.

I have discovered that my home office has "good leads", i.e. the ones i described in my earlier post, and crap leads, i.e. t65 lists, other general basic lists. The good news is that its all free to me. I think i will work the good leads myself, and dump my crap leads on a telemarketer to narrow it down a bit. Im might plagiarize some of your script, though i will have to tweak it a bit because im captive. Thanks again

Feel free to use the information. Hope things work out.

Back