Another tool to prospect, Giving Free Gas Cards

Honestly, I'm thinking about how to get to see you enough times to get a full tank of gas, not because I'm looking for insurance. Know what I mean? It's no different than the "Get a free iphone" leads online. I personally would rather talk to people who are interested in insurance, rather than bribe them into being interested.

Just my .02

This sounds great, as long as it's not rebating, how do you get around that? Do you give them to everyone?

I don't know what these cards cost, but why not just give them a $25 gas card?

My issue with this is the same as most rebates. The hassle factor is higher than the benefit. If prospects are lured in with 'free gas' and then you give them a rebate card, you will look like you are not honest, that you twist things. It's all about setting expectations and at least meeting them, not coming in under them.

Dan

This sounds great, as long as it's not rebating, how do you get around that? Do you give them to everyone?

Them buying or not buying the insurance does not determine of they get one of these cards. Rebating is where you tell them they have to buy it to get something free from you.

The cards can be used in several different ways. I use them to get referrals or I just give them to everyone that made an appointment with me. I'm not allowed to publish the price I get the cards for. But I get them cheaper then what they offer them on their websites. Because I'm an imo and I buy tons of them at a time for myself and give them to some of my agents also. IF anyone wants to email me at [email protected] I can give them the order form I use to get the discount and tell you the price. They will even print your info on these cards if you buy 50 of them or more at a time.

I use this gas program myself. I get $25.00 a month free gas, just for sending in $100.00 of my receipts each month. That is just two fill ups for me. I explain to them the rules of getting the free gas and show them my free gas cards that I got in the mail.

I give the clients 4 months of $25.00 of free gas. Only thing the client has to do after I give them the card, is to sign up, send in $100.00 in gas receipts each month and then wait to get the $25.00 gas card in the mail. They offer higher amounts of free gas cards.

You be the client. What if I give you this for free and it does not cost you anything. Now it's going to take some action on your part to get this free gas. You will have to sign up with the code number on the card I just gave you. Cost you nothing to sign up. Signing up just means you prove you have a valid card and give them your name and address to where they will mail the free gas cards to. You pick a gas company brand. Like Shell. Next you just send in $100.00 worth of gas receipts that month and next you get $25.00 of free gas. You can do this for 4 months with the card I gave you. It didn't cost you anything besides 4 stamps to do this and keeping up with two fill ups receipts. My biggest problem is that the clients want to keep doing this forever and I'm only giving them 4 months worth.

A lot of business are using the free gas cards these days. I bought a shed for the back yard and the builder gave me the $300.00 in free gas card, which works the same way this does.

This idea is not for everyone. I use the cards to help me with sales and I use the cards to get free gas for myself and most of my family members. The cards are only good for 1 per household. I've tried to see if my wife and me could both do it and we could not. I used one of the gas cards, to buy stuff inside of the store, so it does not have to be gas.

All of my clients love to talk about the prices of gas these days and wish their was something that could be done to save a little gas money.

A side note, is that I paid $2.19 for gas in Georgia this morning. WOW

[email protected]
www.realfastservice.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I don't know what these cards cost, but why not just give them a $25 gas card?

My issue with this is the same as most rebates. The hassle factor is higher than the benefit. If prospects are lured in with 'free gas' and then you give them a rebate card, you will look like you are not honest, that you twist things. It's all about setting expectations and at least meeting them, not coming in under them.

Dan

Because giving them a $25.00 gas card your way would cost me $25.00. This don't cost me much of anything to do it this way. I don't do the bait and switch with the clients. It is how you use these cards. I usually just give these out as gifts and I explain to them how they work. It has increased my referrals and I have people calling me now, because their family members have told them about this program and they want these cards from me.

I do a lot of free services for my clients. Like free living wills, free credit reports, free credit repair, help them get a simple free will, etc.

For the people that say it's too much of a hassle to do this, then don't do. You just saved me a couple of bucks and I'm still not out of anything. It's not a hassle for me, when I do it. I know some people had to send in a rebate, cause I don't like to do it when I buy something. But If someone is giving me a free rebate, then I love it. I'm already buying the gas, why not get rewarded for it.

[email protected]

Last edited:

My understanding of the law you'd have to give them to EVERY appointment or to referral business just to the person that gave the reference. I've been giving people 50 dollar checks if they send me a referral that buys a policy, cheapest leads ever seeing how I only pay on a sale. Beats mailer leads by about 75 bucks per seeing how I'm averaging a 4.4:1 on mailer leads at 26 bucks.

Last edited:
When I worked for Dignity Funeral Homes they did a mailer and the offer was a $10 preloaded gas card good at any Shell Station (do they still exist?) This was when gas was around $1.50

I thought it was an awful idea because we would be delivering a bunch of cards to people who only wanted free gas. And that's exactly what about half of them were too...they even told us so at the door steps.

BUT...to my surprise, it was pretty effective. Many people who only wanted the gas card really did have some needs they had been ignoring.

Anything that will put you in front of people can do well.

Back