What else do I need to know?

Mostly I think my issue may be in the opening of the conversation

With internet lead it was easy I had received your request
and ask questions that will help me suggest the right options and to qualify

With mailer leads I have had more of an issue starting the conversation
to get to ask the questions
However again I only done them in the beginning and with no filters

How do you get the conversation going with these

No you don't need to be more pushy. That especially doesn't work in the medicare/senior market.

With a good mailer you will have people calling you ready to either get more info or take action. (depending on what your goal, next desired action for them to take was.)

Sounds like the mailer you used was very generic at best and possibly didn't generate interest to the type of prospects you would want to talk to.

"Mostly I think my issue may be in the opening of the conversation

and ask questions that will help me suggest the right options and to qualify"

This is more or less the same approach I would take on a mailer lead. Only difference is more time has passed since they expressed interest on a mailer lead so you need to get their attention and generate interest again. Just because the mailer did it once three weeks ago doesn't mean you can go straight to problem solving.

Hopefully that helps some.

No you don't need to be more pushy. That especially doesn't work in the medicare/senior market.

With a good mailer you will have people calling you ready to either get more info or take action. (depending on what your goal, next desired action for them to take was.)

Sounds like the mailer you used was very generic at best and possibly didn't generate interest to the type of prospects you would want to talk to.

"Mostly I think my issue may be in the opening of the conversation

and ask questions that will help me suggest the right options and to qualify"

This is more or less the same approach I would take on a mailer lead. Only difference is more time has passed since they expressed interest on a mailer lead so you need to get their attention and generate interest again. Just because the mailer did it once three weeks ago doesn't mean you can go straight to problem solving.

Hopefully that helps some.

Yes actually hit on something

In fact I think you hit the nail on the head I had suspected this

I've used the mailer peace My FMO had set up
Yea its very generic something about changes in Medicare

I had told them I wasn't in love with it and would like to do something a little more specific
They responded with we have tried it every other way this is the only way that has worked

Now I am question that

Is there any where I can go to get some Idea's on a better mailer piece?

Yes actually hit on something

In fact I think you hit the nail on the head I had suspected this

I've used the mailer peace My FMO had set up
Yea its very generic something about changes in Medicare

I had told them I wasn't in love with it and would like to do something a little more specific
They responded with we have tried it every other way this is the only way that has worked

Now I am question that

Is there any where I can go to get some Idea's on a better mailer piece?

Chris has a few different options. Anything real specific and returns are horrible.

Lead Connection | Envelope Lead Mailers

"Anything real specific and returns are horrible."

This is total BS that the DM reps will feed you because their mailers suck and when you are unsatisfied they can always fall back on the excuse that you got a 1% response so we did our job.

You are on the right track with quality over quantity. I am looking for the most targeted lead I can generate with a positive ROI. (sometimes even negative first year ROI.)

Time is money and the reason to even market is to let the mailer sift, sort, and screen the prospects so you don't have to. This is the leverage that makes DM the best lead gen method out there period.

Just think about it... Does it make sense to offer info on medicare changes to try and sell someone a new policy? Why not just cold call a phone book? Its the same thing.

If you are mailing to existing med sup people then you need to speak to the issue they might currently be experiencing with their existing policy. The underlying issue not the surface issue. Nothing else will work. Its incongruent and people will smell a rat from a mile away. Now you lost all credibility and have no chance at closing them.

Thanks

Guess its tough to get the right mix

I would rather get 10 good leads the 50 bad leads

but at the same time I don't want 1 lead from 1000 piece

1 - I design my own lead pieces. I get a better response than the stock pieces (both return and quality). It's worth the effort.

2 - Can you PLEASE write in proper paragraphs with periods at the end of each sentence? It's got to the point where your posts are almost unreadable.

Rick

A side note... Never ever waste your money on an FMO done for you mailer. I have yet to see one that is worth a crap. In my opinion they offer them to lure agents over with illusions of a done for you marketing system that will guarantee success.

...just work for us and you'll be rich!

I could go on for hours but I'll shut up now.

"

Time is money and the reason to even market is to let the mailer sift, sort, and screen the prospects so you don't have to. This is the leverage that makes DM the best lead gen method out there period.

This is 100%

It took me a year in the business to get this

My FMO does not get it
I get free shared internet leads I don't use
But I spend a lot on live transfer

Why its quick

I would rather profit less and get 15-20 deals
then profit more but get 5-8 deals

because the renewal is what it is all about in this business

I can work day and night on those free leads and get 5 deals a month
at little to no cost but where will I be in 5 years

At least you "got it"...

Blows my mind how many people on this forum post F2F sales is better than phone. Thats another leverage point most don't "get".

Although phone sales requires you actually know how to sell and most don't.

Here I go ranting off topic again...

Last edited:
Back