Another Try

At least you "got it"...

Blows my mind how many people on this forum post F2F sales is better than phone. Thats another leverage point most don't "get".

Although phone sales requires you actually know how to sell and most don't.

Here I go ranting off topic again...

Here, here! Slightly off topic, perhaps. But, it's true. If you can actually sell, the phone is the way to go especially in today's market.

How well can you service your existing book over the phone? In this regard, doesn't the local guy or gal have the advantage?

How well can you service your existing book over the phone? In this regard, doesn't the local guy or gal have the advantage?

The majority of agents think giving out the HO 800 number is servicing. Ask the next 10 homes you go into if the old agent services them. We can service my clients by phone, mail and email. It just takes doing it.

Last edited:
The majority of agents think giving out the Honda 800 number is servicing. Ask the next 10 homes you go into if the old agent services them. We can services my clients by phone, mail and email. It just takes doing it.

Exactly!

My clients get at least 12 touches per year from me and I never see them face to face.

This builds up so much trust and credibility that any agent after me doesn't have a chance in hell... Even if he door knocks them giving out $100 bills.

Exactly!

My clients get at least 12 touches per year from me and I never see them face to face.

This builds up so much trust and credibility that any agent after me doesn't have a chance in hell... Even if he door knocks them giving out $100 bills.

I am not that good. Mine would take the $100. Then call me, I hope.

But I get your point. I do see my people F2F if that is what they want. Many are hours away so in those cases I try to do it by email or mail. Claims I try to do F2F.

We also do a good bit of communication by text. Which I did not come to freely. Just seemed to go against my training and the way I preferred to do business. However, this last year I have finally embraced it.

I am not that good. Mine would take the $100. Then call me, I hope.

But I get your point. I do see my people F2F if that is what they want. Many are hours away so in those cases I try to do it by email or mail. Claims I try to do F2F.

We also do a good bit of communication by text. Which I did not come to freely. Just seemed to go against my training and the way I preferred to do business. However, this last year I have finally embraced it.

I have clients starting to text me. I find it awkward. Seems like the conversations never stop and I never know when to use smileys or exclamations or acronyms! !;)
g2g ttyl!!!!!

I have clients starting to text me. I find it awkward. Seems like the conversations never stop and I never know when to use smileys or exclamations or acronyms! !;)
g2g ttyl!!!!!

I still have to google all that stuff. Having kids has helped me come into 2000s.

I sent out 8 text this morning to clients I have in underwriting and needed to answer a question. All but two were at work. Every one has answered already. One sent me a picture text of a voided check. The two are FE clients.

I still have to google all that stuff. Having kids has helped me come into 2000s.

I sent out 8 text this morning to clients I have in underwriting and needed to answer a question. All but two were at work. Every one has answered already. One sent me a picture text of a voided check. The two are FE clients.

I wish Rick didn't know how to send picture texts...:embarrassed:

???

I don't understand how that would be a disadvantage

In fact many people tell me the local guy they originally signed with never returns calls or never gets back to them

Here over the phone I have everything to call carriers, Look up answers or forms, Call Docs office if necessary

I couldn't imagine it being this easy if I were going on in home appointments all the time

Still I find there is buis of every type for as many as tell me they prefer to do buis over the phone you have others that want in home

I believe you can do well either way

For me I prefer over the phone buis

Back