Anpac

American National Property and Casualty. P&C division of American National Insurance Company of Galveston TX. In the late '70's a ton of old line life companies bought and/or formed P&C divisions. Reason? The P&C agents were selling a lot of life insurance, especially State Farm and Allstate. Even Western & Southern had P&C for a while... Anyway, ANPAC was was modeled after the State Farm neighborhood agency but did not thrive because the parent company made no secret of the fact that they only did it to increase life sales. They have grown, are still around but you won't get brand recognition, and will not be able to broker any business. You will be captive.

Is that necessarilly bad being captured as I understand it once an agent feels they are ready even and they dont wanna be with a captive company any longer they could go on their own since they have a license and contract through an MGA like insurance noodle?

ANPAC

aflacduck.jpg

I have never written for Anpac. However I have referred a few clients to an Anpac agent because of their farm exposure. They all seemed happy with the ANPAC product.

I have replaced a number of their policies over the years, but rates are largely varied from one location to another. They wouldn't be my first choice solely based on branding, but they have a good system. I'm with Met and their name brings interest in life insurance. P & C becomes an add on cross sell to those clients. From what I understand ANPAC should work similarly.

Back