Anthem Blue Cross Obamacare 2018

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
In Georgia, Blue Cross is currently the only exchange health insurer in 96 of the 159 counties. Even a partial pullout would create a vacuum in areas of the state.

Anthem Inc., the parent company of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia, “is leaning toward exiting a high percentage of the 144 rating regions in which it currently participates,” Jefferies analysts David Windley and David Styblo said in a research report.
Anthem talk of pullout puts a cloud over ACA exchanges | Georgia Health News

This obviously is fake news since the Democrats say Obamacare is working and are doing their best to keep the Republicans from scuttling it.

I say, let them keep it.

They built it.

A few studies I've read say that the Repubs now own Ocare. Either replace, repair or whatever but fix it. Carriers are currently deciding what to do for next year. I've always said that ins companies are like a train. If you can let something go through the process, It usually comes out on the other end. When you require special actions, that is akin to jumping the tracks and it usually requires much more effort to get to the other side.

They currently have infrastructure built to interface with the exchanges and the preference is to continue. Let the infrastructure go dormant and the tasks increase along with the required size of the payoff. We have been operating in a short term environment hoping to get to a long term strategy. It hasn't happened.

Many currently have no idea where they will be covered or even whether coverage will be available effective 1/1.

Many currently have no idea where they will be covered or even whether coverage will be available effective 1/1.

Heads up.

That would be true even if the current administration does nothing.

Heads up.

That would be true even if the current administration does nothing.

True but before the 2016 rates came out, I "expected" to simply renew or switch to another ACA plan. Foolish me (actually not) but 100% rate increases made other options that were always off the table because of coverage holes became open for consideration.

When are these politicians going to be feeling it in their own insurance plan

They probably won't. Ever drive through a large city and notice how the interstates go through the parts of town so as to not disrupt the wealthy? The same principal is at work in health insurance and Congress. They will fuss and stomp and do nothing and write of any personal premium increases as the cost of doing business.

before the 2016 rates came out, I "expected" to simply renew or switch to another ACA plan

Obviously a gross miscalculation on your part.

When are these politicians going to be feeling it in their own insurance plan

Never, if you are addressing DC politico's. They have their own plan that is immune to the perils of Obamacare. Their pensions are also exempt from ERISA.

PERIL is an appropriate term !
My client has Granfathered old bcbs execucare plan. His wallet is in PERIL

PERIL is an appropriate term !
My client has Granfathered old bcbs execucare plan. His wallet is in PERIL

Unfortunately, most hadn't switched to HDHP when the option to Grandfather was on the table. One client felt pretty smart that he understood enough to Grandfather but couldn't see the benefit of a dual option with HDHP fearing that employees wouldn't get healthcare because of the HDHP.

Most group agencies that I know jumped on the highest HDHP we could buy and funded our HSA. We hae progressed from a sweet deal to a cluster headache.

Back