Anthem Blue Cross....Private Supps ?

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi Friends,

Does anyone know if Anthem Blue Cross offers a Medicare Supplement???

They are a 90 Billion dollars company...i figured they must offer a supplement under some subsidiary.

Anyone?

Thanks

www dot anthem dot com /medicare /medicare-supplement-plans ??

The system won't let me post the actual link.

Anthem bought BCBSGA a few years ago. They have been co-branding some of their lines since then. Around June 2019 they re-branded the Medicare line under the Anthem flag.

I think they are in 16 or 17 states so they may fly the Anthem Medicare flag in other states as well.

Yes...Anthem is part of BCBS like Somarco mentioned. They also have that brand in TX (and prob others i am unware of).

There is also HCSC part of BCBS, which offers medsup in OK, TX, NM, IL, and Montana.

I dont know what the difference is, but I think there's different BCBS regions, with different contracts

Yes...Anthem is part of BCBS like Somarco mentioned. They also have that brand in TX (and prob others i am unware of).

There is also HCSC part of BCBS, which offers medsup in OK, TX, NM, IL, and Montana.

I dont know what the difference is, but I think there's different BCBS regions, with different contracts

I guess i need to find out 'what company' they write under in Florida???

They own a few MA companies (Simply, and Freedom), but i'm not aware of any Med Sup Companies they own in Florida.

?

I guess i need to find out 'what company' they write under in Florida???

They own a few MA companies (Simply, and Freedom), but i'm not aware of any Med Sup Companies they own in Florida.

?
\

Not all are the same I know those are not anthem neither is the HCSC in IL and TX

.Anthem is part of BCBS

Anthem is the parent

The fourteen U.S. states served by Anthem health insurance plans include: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

It looks like there is a problem accessing this site

In addition to owning several Blues they also own Wellpoint.

WellPoint Health Network Inc.'s predecessor was Blue Cross of California, which was founded in 1982 with the consolidation of Blue Cross of Northern California (established in 1936) and Blue Cross of Southern California (established in 1937). WellPoint was formed in 1992 to operate Blue Cross of California's managed care business. In 1993, Blue Cross of California spun off its managed care business into a separate publicly traded entity, WellPoint Health Networks Inc. In 1996, Blue Cross of California completed the conversion of all its business to for-profit status, resulting in a restructuring that designated WellPoint Health Networks Inc. as the parent organization.
https://www.antheminc.com/AboutAnthemInc/CompanyHistory/PW_D015003.html

The company was formed when WellPoint Health Networks Inc. and Anthem, Inc. merged in 2004 to become the nation's leading health benefits company. The parent company originally assumed the WellPoint, Inc. name at the time of the merger. In December 2014, WellPoint, Inc. changed its corporate name to Anthem, Inc. The Anthem brand is built on a foundation of trust – it’s the name consumers are most familiar with as a trusted health care partner through our affiliated health plans.

Anthem, Inc. is one of the largest health benefits companies in the United States. Through its affiliated health plans, Anthem companies deliver a number of leading health benefit solutions through a broad portfolio of integrated health care plans and related services, along with a wide range of specialty products such as life and disability insurance benefits, dental, vision, behavioral health benefit services, as well as long term care insurance and flexible spending accounts..

Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Anthem, Inc. is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association serving members in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin; and specialty plan members in other states.

https://www.antheminc.com/aboutantheminc/companyhistory/index.htm

FL Blue

Health insurance is offered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., DBA Florida Blue. HMO coverage is offered by Health Options Inc., DBA Florida Blue HMO. Dental, Life and Disability are offered by Florida Combined Life Insurance Company, Inc., DBA Florida Combined Life. These companies are Independent Licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Home

BCBS

Since 1929, Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) companies have provided healthcare coverage to members, allowing them to live free of worry, free of fear. In every ZIP code, Blue Cross Blue Shield offers a personalized approach to healthcare based on the needs of the communities where their members live and work. They work closely with hospitals and doctors in the communities they serve to provide quality, affordable healthcare.
The Blue Cross Blue Shield System

The 36 independent and locally operated Blue Cross Blue Shield companies deliver health insurance coverage to one in three Americans across all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. In addition, the BCBS Federal Employee Program® insures over five million federal employees, retirees and their families.

Click link to see BCBS licensees
BCBS® Companies and Licensees

Back