Anthem Blue Cross

MIM

Guru
100+ Post Club
I don't suppose somebody could post a California state dental application for Anthem Blue Cross ?

I'm not appointed with them so I don't have access to their website. I've tried calling them but I've been on hold for a while. Thank you so much for your help!

MIM :GEEK::idea:

February 2, 2016

Anthem is eliminating commissions across several states..but take heart, because 0% commissions only affects plans sold 9 months out of the year. :skeptical:

http://www.lifehealthpro.com/2016/0...riod-commissio?page_all=1&slreturn=1454464606

Opinion: Most likely, commissions won't be coming back for 2017 sales either. Companies are losing tons of money on ACA business. The smart ones will get the hell out of the Individual Family Plan market, while ObamaCare rules remain as they are.

Any chance significant changes come to ACA before 2018 ?I'm thinking no, but you all follow this more closely than I do.

It would be nice if individual states could opt-out of this ACA monster. I'm sure Oklahoma would opt-out in a heartbeat. Insurers would develop Oklahoma specific plans, flock to the state, and pay 20% First Year/5% renewal commission on the $300 a month premiums!

Hmmm... think I'd rather get 6%FY/4%Renewal of $1,500, with no underwriting.

Anthem is not in my state. For those that have Anthem, is that your primary carrier? Does the 0% commission change make it no longer profitable to sell in your market? I shutter at the thought of that happening, but I need to be a realist as well.

I hope for the best, but plan for the worst..

hope for the best - commissions come back in 2017 AEP
plan for the worst - commissions don't come back

All carriers in my state are basically 0% now. Cannot imagine they can make this block of business profitable within 1 year. These carriers have lost $100 million+ and not sure how you can turn that around in one year.

I hope for the best, but plan for the worst..

hope for the best - commissions come back in 2017 AEP
plan for the worst - commissions don't come back

All carriers in my state are basically 0% now. Cannot imagine they can make this block of business profitable within 1 year. These carriers have lost $100 million+ and not sure how you can turn that around in one year.

If you don't mind sharing, what state?

Back