Anthem CA Commission Notice (anyone??)

Dave020

Super Moderator
California
It is now Dec 3, 2010 and I have not received the 'very important' mailing which Anthem sent out on 11/24 to all agents.

I don't know of any other agent who has yet received this mailing.

Given that we are supposed to get 30-day notice regarding contract changes, which now can't be January 1, I have but one question..........

Has ANYONE in CA received the Anthem letter yet? If so, when did you get it?

Last edited:
no letter, but at Anthem HQ on Monday they gave us the packet explaining the new commission policy. I assume that's the letter they were referring to. I could email it to you but I assume you're just wondering more in general- "Where are they?" and I have to agree with you.

I literally just got an e-mail from them saying that they are going to have an online webinar about it on Wed and Thurs next week.

I am SO tempted to reply back and ask if we are supposed to actually have the official notification before the webinar LOL.

Yes it is the packet which was supposedly mailed on 11/24 (the one you have I bet!) and now they are saying the vendor may not have put enough postage on it!!

I am really interested in two areas: HIPAA policy commissions (currently 5%) and Small Group 2-50 (currently 7%). If you want to PM me those if you have them I would appreciate it since I apparently might have to wait until almost a week from now to find out via webinar :no:

BTW, the webinar is limited to the "first 300". Anthem has over 25,000 contracted agents in CA. Nice!

Last edited:
I'm not really sure what the recourse is for them being out of compliance on the 30 day notice issue.

I just PMed you HIPAA. Small group wasn't included. I am wondering about that as well.

Well 20 people at the HQ meeting and 300 in the webinar. That's a solid 1.28%!

Maybe you could simply live blog the webinar.

Rick

Well, it's 4-5 PM so I have "other plans" LOL! If I ever get the package I really won't need to do the webinar anyway.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I'm not really sure what the recourse is for them being out of compliance on the 30 day notice issue.

Just making a point of it. Don't really expect them to abide by it and am fine with them enforcing the 1/1 levels. But you have to bust their b*lls for being yet again unable to deliver.

I just PMed you HIPAA. Small group wasn't included. I am wondering about that as well.

I asked the RSM yesterday and he said "all comp" so I assumed small group was inclusive. Perhaps not, I will e-mail the group RSM the question.

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. As you pointed out, it appears that they have set up an incentive to sell HIPAA plan (probably accidently). Ironic as they bitch and moan so much about it.

Well 20 people at the HQ meeting and 300 in the webinar. That's a solid 1.28%!

My RSM said to do Thursday's instead. How about you just get the packages out and then we won't have to take time out of the day for that nonsense? :twitchy:

Last edited:
Yep, webinars are getting to be the distraction of the day. Things that can be read in 2 minutes via email now take 60 minutes to learn about on a webinar.

Don't get me wrong, I like webinar's, just the proliferation of them lately has become INSANE!

Dan

Yep, webinars are getting to be the distraction of the day. Things that can be read in 2 minutes via email now take 60 minutes to learn about on a webinar.

Don't get me wrong, I like webinar's, just the proliferation of them lately has become INSANE!

Dan

I'd like them a lot more if the gave CE :) Just putting up with an hour of that should be worth at least 2 CE credits

I probably get 60 different commission checks per month from my many carriers. I could attend at least 2 meetings a day, and, 2 webinars a day if I wanted to.:no:
Sorry. My day revolves around sales. Not listening to corp VP's blowing in my ear.
Send me an email, or something in the mail. I can then read this stuff during non productive hours.

Back