Anthem DE SNP Vs UHC Dual Complete DE SNP

timeflies

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
For agents that work in the DE market, Anthem started offering a DE SNP with very rich extra benefits several years ago in Ohio. 20 round trips for medical transportation $200 vision allowance and $250 qtrly dental benefit and $40/month OTC. UHC's Dual Complete now offers up to $2,000 for dental work, but it excludes dentures or partials etc. I have always had exceptional experience with UHC agent support and their customer service. Not so much with Anthem. Do other agents agree, or what has been your experience with Anthem and UHC. The Anthem plan really stands out, but I don't want a bunch of headaches either.

For agents that work in the DE market, Anthem started offering a DE SNP with very rich extra benefits several years ago in Ohio. 20 round trips for medical transportation $200 vision allowance and $250 qtrly dental benefit and $40/month OTC. UHC's Dual Complete now offers up to $2,000 for dental work, but it excludes dentures or partials etc. I have always had exceptional experience with UHC agent support and their customer service. Not so much with Anthem. Do other agents agree, or what has been your experience with Anthem and UHC. The Anthem plan really stands out, but I don't want a bunch of headaches either.

I'm singing the same tune here in San Antonio. Unfortunately, I'm not able to contract with UHC, so I'm "stuck" selling our Amerigroup product (Anthem). As you have indicated, the benefits are VERY RICH (and legit), but their Mb services and internal processes are very weak. I constantly have to verify that they have assigned the correct PCP for my proposed members. For some reason, I'm more successful in changing the PCP thru Mb Services instead of Agent Services or the Service rep in California. Despite the fact that AG has a Special Needs Star Plus contract (MQMB- poorest of the poor here in Texas), they are not able to process a Dual app even when the paper copy of the proposed QMB is submitted with the app!!! UHC has no such issue and stole my customer since they assigned the proper Medicaid level and the correct PCP. AG also doesn't really invest in hiring agent managers that are assigned to specific markets. Although our National Rep is knowledgable, thorough and friendly, she is spread way too thinly across various markets. It's a shame because their benefits are good. Over here, AG has a Full-risk contract so there are not too many issues because that major medical group pretty much runs the show. Every once in a while, some of the offices will attempt to steer the pts to UHC, but it seems to happen less with time.

Last edited:
I'm appointed with the Dual Complete UHC Plan in PA. It's in 11 counties, mostly in the western part of the state. They are in three counties within an hour of me so that's why I have them. The plan is very benefit rich, however both the doctor and hospital networks are so narrow that I missed out on several sales.

I recently attended a live DSNP marketing training and they talked about the dental. In PA, at least, even if they get the SNP plan with the $2,500 in dental that's offered here they can still use their Access (Medicaid) card for a once-in-a-lifetime set of dentures. They just need to be sure the dentist accepts Medicaid first.

Thanks, but Anthem is part of Wellpoint. They are not associated with Amerigroup, from what I understand. So are your complains and problems with Amerigroup or Anthem?

Thanks, but Anthem is part of Wellpoint. They are not associated with Amerigroup, from what I understand. So are your complains and problems with Amerigroup or Anthem?

AG is part of the Anthem family. Their systems might not be totally integrated though. All of the employees that I correspond with are Anthem employees and the recerts are Anthem logoed.

Back