Anthem New Commission Schedule in Calif.

DS4

Guru
1000 Post Club
My RSM just emailed new great news!

"New Commission Schedule Overview
PPACA has brought much change to our industry. As anticipated, the new commission schedule with Anthem Blue Cross has been announced and will be effective starting with new policies written January 1, 2011 going forward. (All policies written up to December 31, 2010 are protected and will remain on the current commission schedule of 20/10."

I could really give a rats ass on new business commissions after Jan 1st. If they pay me 5% flat after Jan 1st, I can live with that.
I'm all about my existing block of individual business.

That e-mail yesterday about the "mailing" this week will include the 2011 commissions. No one will leak it out (I asked LOL) until the mails are received.

We will know 2011+ commissions likely not later than Saturday or Monday.

I just got back from the premier partner meeting at HQ. 14% first year, 6% renewal is the top tier, for those issuing 100+ members yearly.

12/5 for 25-99
10/5 for 10-24
9/5 for 1-9
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Should add....

If you hit a new tier at any point during the year, they will write a check for the difference retroactively. Top producers will start at a higher tier based on production in 09/10. Rate ups drop commission % but stay in line with 14% overall. Big issue a lot of those at the meeting took exception to was that there will be no increase in comm with increase in rates. Comm paid on original premium only.

existing book of business entirely unaffected.

Last edited:
If you hit a new tier at any point during the year, they will write a check for the difference retroactively.

This is how Anthem does it on the senior side now.

I'll start out 2011 at 14% & 6%. :yes:

What I was most interested in was my existing block of business. Knowing commissions are frozen, I can now move forward knowing the future isn't bleak.

Back