Anthem/Wellpoint

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
Well I have just been informed that the individual department will no longer offer super preferred ratings. They told me all new policies are going to preferred one even if the client deserves the super preferred. It could be just in my state but I doubt it.

Also with Anthem the individual blue Access plans have been getting hammered on renewals. They have been averaging close to 30%. I thought it was just going to be a 4th quarter thing but it is not. Again maybe its just in my state.

The majority of my individual sales for the last 4 years have been with Anthem but at this point I have to switch to a new primary carrier for individual.

I have seen this before. Its almost like carriers will be competitive in the individual market for no more than 5 years and then they revamp. They will take 3 years off and then get competitive again.

Not here, I just got my April renewals with BCBS.. 7% increase. No need to switch the client... but u should know that TX... you are like number 2 or 3 in total production with them... all hail king TX

Not here, I just got my April renewals with BCBS.. 7% increase. No need to switch the client... but u should know that TX... you are like number 2 or 3 in total production with them... all hail king TX

That might mean their block in Indiana is running bad.

Anthem/Wellpoint Blue in GA has been handing out 20 - 30% renewals like candy for years.

LOL... Nothin but love Peeler... When you come to the big HOU , you can look us up.

Here in VA with Anthem there is only Level 1/2/3 for underwritten cases and Level 4 for HIPAA policies....I don't know if you would consider Level 1 to be "super preferred" but it is the least expensive level. Their underwriting has been very favorable on most cases thus far, very lax height/weight restrictions compared to Aetna and others, and rates are better in almost every single case for comparable programs with others as well.

Back