Any Captive UHC Med Advantage Agents?

Nikita

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi, I am a newbie and this is my first post. I am looking for anyone on this forum who sells MA plans for UHC as a captive agent. Could you please respond back to me as I would like to talk to you about this opportunity. Thanks and I love this forum!

are you talking about the ica contract?
I am an ica in Florida, I would not recommend it, you cannot sell anything else regarding mapd or pdp's. You will be promised leads and a management system to back you up etc. Its not worth the 1 lead a month that comes in and forget about anyone backing you up, not going to happen. Go independent with a strong fmo in your area.

I second that, not only do you have to follow the system but also drink all the kolaid that goes with it. After all that, you have to ask yourself, "did I really help the client in getting the right plan"? often there is a lot more options

Well i can say that there is no other company in my area that would be competition for me so that is not a big deal. What the ica problem is: kissing the mgrs butts for leads and having to go to all training when you don't need any of it and playing the management games, just not worth it at all. I will be an fmo next year and out from under them for sure.

Hi everyone; thanks for the responses. Well I am not in Florida and not sure what the term "ica" means... I did hear from a friend of mine who was captive that UHC did give out tons of MA leads to their captive agents and at least during the AEP, there was quite a bit of money to be made. I am just looking to start out captive, for the training and leads. I realize that down the road it is not a good strategy. But for the short term and as a beginner, it doesn't seem like such a bad idea. But on the other hand, if you reallly don't get many leads then it wouldn't be worth it. By the way, I am in Iowa...

Unless you're talking about being a W2 employee of UnitedHealthcare then it is an ICA or Independent Career Agent. Note the "Independent" part; you are not an employee, you are self-employed. No salary or benefits.

There will not be enough leads to make a living--not even close.

UHC has two types of captive agents. One is an ISR (Inside Sales Rep). This is an employee who works on a salary and a nominal per enrollment incentive. You don't own your book of business and you will not be paid any renewals. This type of agent will get a ton of leads...all or more than you can handle because you are an employee...this is a job.

The other type of captive agent is and ICA (Independent Career/Captive Agent). This agent is independent but can only write MA/PDP plans for UHC. You are free to write med sups for anyone. You own your book of business and are paid renewals under the CMS approved commission schedule. Currently ICA's don't get many, if any leads. However, if you apply yourself and put in the effort that you will be EXPECTED to put in as an ISR you will undoubtedly make more money as an independent in the long run.

UHC has two types of captive agents. One is an ISR (Inside Sales Rep). This is an employee who works on a salary and a nominal per enrollment incentive. You don't own your book of business and you will not be paid any renewals. This type of agent will get a ton of leads...all or more than you can handle because you are an employee...this is a job.

The other type of captive agent is and ICA (Independent Career/Captive Agent). This agent is independent but can only write MA/PDP plans for UHC. You are free to write med sups for anyone. You own your book of business and are paid renewals under the CMS approved commission schedule. Currently ICA's don't get many, if any leads. However, if you apply yourself and put in the effort that you will be EXPECTED to put in as an ISR you will undoubtedly make more money as an independent in the long run.

Here in FL if you plan on doing MAs you have to be in with UHC, due to the rates and name it appears

Back