Any Carrier Ok with guillain barre syndrome

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
I have a client in SC, Has MA with me and I am trying to get him A supplement,

I did try UHC last year and he got hit with level 2 premium because they said he had coronary artery disease, Due to the fact he had bypass surgery in 2009, Even though he takes no heart meds, not even blood pressure, no treatment for heart at all We did try and appeal but they dragged their feet as to not meet the enrollment period deadline and we had to cancel

Hoping to find another carrier to accept him he takes 3 meds for Guillain Barre syndrome, 1 cholesterol med, and that's it nothing else.

i move a client to aetna with Guillain Barre, but he was only taking one med and he was very active.

I have a client in SC, Has MA with me and I am trying to get him A supplement,

I did try UHC last year and he got hit with level 2 premium because they said he had coronary artery disease, Due to the fact he had bypass surgery in 2009, Even though he takes no heart meds, not even blood pressure, no treatment for heart at all We did try and appeal but they dragged their feet as to not meet the enrollment period deadline and we had to cancel

Hoping to find another carrier to accept him he takes 3 meds for Guillain Barre syndrome, 1 cholesterol med, and that's it nothing else.
What meds is he taking for GB?

i move a client to aetna with Guillain Barre, but he was only taking one med and he was very active.

I am going to call Aetna tomorrow, the reason I didn't try them before is the question on app any condition requiring a bone marrow transplant

he has never been told to get a bone marrow transplant but I had looked at Guillain Barre online and saw that it can involve bone marrow transplant

but apart from that, I don't see any other issues with their app

Have you tried Bankers Fidelity? If they'd take it, the pyridostigmine would make it Standard.

Ok I can try them, You think both Cigna and Medico are both no good though?

if not then Ill try bankers

I am going to call these 3 tomorrow

Last edited:
Ok I can try them, You think both Cigna and Medico are both no good though?

if not then Ill try bankers

I am going to call these 3 tomorrow
I don't know. I've got Medico, but never used them. None of the 3 drugs are on their KO list.

Cigna's ok on their KO list. Pyridostigmine's a KO for Myasthenia Gravis and Metanx is a KO for Diabetes with Peripheral Neuropathy. Looking at the app, I don't see anything on there. What do you catagorize GB as, an autoimmune disease?

I treated vic's post as a learning exercise and found some old underwriting guides online.
I think Medico had Myasthenia Gravis as a KO. The GB and Myasthenia Gravis both seemed to be nervous system or paralysis related so I figured Medico would not take it, but was watching the thread to see what others said and the resolution. (mother of a friend had it - GB - years ago and was in a kind of completely paralyzed state for 2-3 months as I recall.)

Back