Any Carriers that Will Cover ATV/UTV's Licensed for Road Use?

BlockO

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have a policyholder with a Polaris Ranger. She is considering having it licensed for road use. If she does, none of my current carriers will insure it.

anyone know a carrier who will?

I have written some licensed for road use on a standard auto policy. The last time we wrote one however, I was with a captive carrier - ANPAC and the underwriter had no problem writing it on the auto. They were high $400/ 6 months if I remember correctly.

I have written some licensed for road use on a standard auto policy. The last time we wrote one however, I was with a captive carrier - ANPAC and the underwriter had no problem writing it on the auto. They were high $400/ 6 months if I remember correctly.

I'm surprised by that. I wouldn't have thought that an auto policy would insure it.

thanks. I'll check with my auto underwriters, and see if anyone will take it (and coincidentally, I just got a new quote request for the exact same thing).

what's so special about these Polaris Rangers? I couldn't imagine paying that much for a four wheeler.

the high premium you mentioned doesn't surprise me... have you seen the price tag for a new Polaris Ranger? about 15K for a base model, 21K for a deluxe tricked out model....

anyone who has enough money to burn to pay automobile prices for an ATV probably won't mind the high premium.... now it's just a matter of me finding one of my carriers who might insure it.

Back